0| Children Dreams [2]

"Promise me something."
"What?"
"Marry me."

Hime knew how difficult the situation they were stuck in. She knew it would be this way ever since their father passed away. She knew it would be difficult for them, especially for Yume.

Yume is different. Not that there was anything wrong with her, she didn't have any sickness nor did she have a disability. She was just both of their parents worlds.

Yume is a human. But she's also an elf. Their mother is an elf and their father is a human. Creatures from different worlds.

Hime, herself, is just an elf. She's her mother's daughter. Not her father. Hime's real father died when she turned one. Not that she remembered but her mother told her when she asked why her father is different from the both of them.

After that, it was a blur. Her mother found love again and a year later Yume is born. Hime was absolutely thrilled about getting a baby sister, she was just confused as to why Yume is a lighter hue than her.

As Hime and her step sister grew up, Hime began to notice how different she and Yume are. For starters, Yume is a lot shorter than her. Elf toddlers can be short but Yume is another story. And Yume's peach hue is much lighter than her cerulean hue.

Hime began to wonder what kind of elf Yume is. Sun elves have brighter hues than Moon elves do. Drow elves are out of the question and Hime is absolutely sure that Yume can't be a Wood elf.

So she asked her mother what kind of elf Yume is, for her to understand her step sister more. Her mother only replied to her with a smile and a simple answer. Half-elves.

Hime did not understand. But Hime tried to. She's never heard of Half-elves, let alone seen one. She thought her mother was a playing a joke but she wasn't.

Yume is an energetic child, Hime knows that from the games they would usually play with their father. Yume is attached to their father.

Hime was six when their father died. It broke all of their hearts, especially for Yume and their mother. After their father died, their mother is afraid of loving another. Yume wasn't the same energetic child she knew and love.

There was a law in the Enchanted Kingdom, every child or children from each household must attend "Reform Academies" for the child or children to become proper ladies and fine gentlemen when they turned ten.

But if the father or the mother were to be unfortunate before the child or the children turned ten, they are to be tutored early by representatives from Reform Academies.

Hime struggled at first. She wasn't used to perfecting anything. Their tutor is a strict female dwarf that is easily triggered if Hime or Yume did something wrong or that it wasn't perfect enough.

Hime knew that her walking and sitting posture is good enough but to the standards of their tutor, it wasn't perfect enough. Yume absolutely had a hard time coping with the lectures. Hime knew why, she just wants to stay a child before she turned ten.

Its even more difficult for Yume when she found out that she would be representing the both of them when they enter Reform. Hime thought it was unfair. She's the eldest.

"You may be the eldest, young lady." Their tutor tutted. "But your sister is special. She must represent your household."

"But I'm an elf." Hime retorted back, tone laced in anger.

Their tutor eyed her dangerously. "You may be an elf but your sister is half an elf. She's from both worlds, she's more interesting than you."

Hime wanted to lash out at their tutor but she doesn't know what their tutor would do. She doesn't like it when Yume is carrying a heavy burden. Especially if it's representing their household.

 Especially if it's representing their household