0| Children Dreams [3]

"Promise me something."
"What?"
"Marry me."

"Desperate times calls for drastic measures

"Desperate times calls for drastic measures." is what Yume learned. Not that they were desperate or anything but it's what she learned from the two years of being tutored.

If she wanted to act like a child, she must cause a scene to slip away from the situation. It's not that Yume hates being tutored, it's just the person who's tutoring them.

Dwarves can be short tempered at times but this dwarf just seems to be short tempered all the time. Everything doesn't have to be perfect. But the standards have to be.

Forest picking is the only time Yume and Hime can relax and rest from the lectures. The only time Yume can act like a child. But as the years passed, Yume forgot how to act like one.

"What do you think mom would make?"

Yume snorted at Hime's choice of words. "With whatever we picked."

Yume heard Hime sigh and she bursts out laughing. She knows how Hime feels about poor wordings, especially if it's intentional.

"Yume, mahal, please."

"You said 'mom'."

Hime sighed in defeat. "Fair enough."

Yume smiled in triumph. It's been a while since she and Hime were out in the forest, picking berries, mushrooms and other delicacies in the forest.

"What if mom makes Ruby pie?"

Hime hummed. "You haven't picked any reddish apples mahal."

Yume frowned. "Yeah."

Yume looked around, trying to spot red hue trees. Reddish apple trees are special because their leaves, trunk, branches are red. The whole tree is red. Although not all reddish apple trees are red, it's usually of different shades of red.

From the corner of Yume's eye, she spotted a scarlet hue. A smile went to her lips, she found a tree.

"Hime! I found one."

"Found what?"

Yume rolled her eyes. "Reddish apple trees."

Hime heard the footsteps approaching her and not after Hime stood right beside her, looking around the forest.

"Where is it?"

Yume pointed a finger at the direction of the tree and Hime nodded her head. Both sisters walked up towards the scarlet hue tree, Yume twitching in excitement.

The tree towered over them and Yume thought that the tree was too huge. She didn't know if she could climb the tree or that Hime could. But the reddish apples on the tree looked so tempting.

"I'm afraid we cannot climb it, mahal. The tree is too huge to climb."

Yume frowned. "We can use magic."

"I think our magic cannot reach that height."

Yume placed her basket filled with berries and mushrooms on the ground and rolled up her sleeves.

"Then I shall climb it."

Hime's eyes grew wide. "Did you hear what I said? Its too huge to climb."

Yume snickered, letting her cape fall to the ground. Hime grabbed Yume's arm. "What if you fall?"

"You'll catch me won't you, ate?"

Hime hesitated. Yume took the silence as a yes. Shrugging off her arm from Hime's grip, she eyed the tree before she slowly started to climb it, struggling slightly.

Hime starred at Yume's figure slowly climbing the tree in fear. Afraid that Yume might fall. Hime prayed silently for her sister's safety. Not long after, Yume sat at the trunk of the tree.

"I'm at the top!"

"Just be careful up there!"

Yume sighed. The tree is indeed too huge to climb but that didn't stop her from harvesting the apples.