Mini Broppy story💖💙

Poppy was silenced when Branch stood before her in the doorway of her pod

Poppy was silenced when Branch stood before her in the doorway of her pod. His eyelids were half closed and he had visible tear stains on his cheeks, but he tried to bare a subtle smile regardless. He looked upset. Really upset. "Branch?" Poppy asked softly, moving her face closer to his. But Branch didn't seem to react. Poppy lead him inside and tried to get through to him, putting a gentle hand on his back and stroking it up and down in a slow rhythm. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Poppy asked. Branch turned his head down and stared at the floor, trying hard to hide his emotions. But he became so overwhelmed and broke down in tears, covering his face with his palms.

Poppy didn't hesitate and wrapped her arms around him to hug him. Branch held on to Poppy tightly and cried into her shoulder. She had a feeling she knew what was happening. Most of the time Branch was okay, joining in with the troll life and being more positive. But every now and again, it gets a little too much and his past comes back to bite him. Poppy was the only one to know about these breakdowns, Branch trusted her and knew that she was the one who could make him feel better.

"W-why do I feel so afraid?" Branch stuttered. "And...and alone?" Hearing his words made Poppy's heart ache. She lead him to her bed and gently sat him down, keeping her hand on his back to try sooth him.

"You're not going to be alone, Branch." Poppy assured him, holding him tightly. "Never again. I promise you." Branch rubbed his eye, tears trickling down his face and hand. His breaths were sharp, almost as if he was hyperventilating, as small sobs escaped from his throat. "Come here." Poppy said gently as she held his shoulders and pulled him in towards her, letting him lie against her. Branch rested his head on Poppy's lap as she stroked his back up and down, feeling his ribs go up and down quickly as he sobbed. She cradled his head from side to side as she kissed his cheeks and ears, anything to make him feel safe and loved. Branch's breaths eventually slowed down as his sobs died away slightly.

"P-P-Poppy." Branch stuttered as he raised his head to look up at the pink troll, the soft glow of the dim lights in the pod illuminated his blue eyes, now stained red from his tears. "I-I love you." He whimpered. Poppy smiled at him as she kissed his cheek, then pushing his head back down onto her lap to let him relax.

"I love you too, Branch." Poppy whispered gently in his ear. She rested her head on top of his as she weaved her fingers through his dark hair. "Always."