After effects

Elfman trudged up the steep slippery slope nearly collapsing to the ground with every step. His blurry eyes looked down at his shaking hands focusing in and out on them. Elfman's mind was going every where and he couldn't concentrate, Elfman had taken over souls before but this was different. Maybe it was because the soul was forced into him so he couldn't prepare, but the new soul inside of him felt like it was pacing back and forth. It was setting him on edge and it was clear he hadn't fully recovered from a powerful soul being forced inside his own soul. A stab of pain stabbed at Elfman's skull like a hot rod was prodding at his brain gasping he steadied himself on the greasy wall of the tunnel taking deep breaths.

"Elfman are you alright"

Turning his head his blurry eye's barely captured Evergreen's concerned face his own turning bright red. Now she, she was another reason why he couldn't concentrate. That kiss... He was so happy that it happened, he loved everything about it the warmth, the fire that lit up in his belly Elfman felt butterflies tickling his stomach at the memory of it. But there was a tension between the two that made it hard to breathe.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" He said breaths coming out in large puffs, his heart was beating erratically and it wasn't to do with Evergreen this time. He felt his skin drain of colour and his vision began to spin the figure with the glowing hand being pulled like a wet painting being touched to early. Elfman felt his stomach roll and boil with intense nausea burning inside of him. He needed fresh air NOW. Staggering he forced his legs to walk his burning eyes trained on the tunnel opening with the smudged images of stars speckling it. Elfman didn't hear his sister or Evergreen calling his name both of them scrambling on the steep slope to catch up with him, all he heard was his blood and magic roaring in his ears and the hot metal rod in his head began to stab more roughly and harder in his skull. Running like a wounded bull out of the opening of the tunnel Elfman gasped at the pure air that surrounded, it was so pure it was overwhelming but the pain in his head and sickening nausea in his stomach only increased. Elfman felt but ignored something burning and hot drip out of his eyes like acid dripping down his face as he drifted over quickly to the near by trees.Elfman's vision began to roll further the sky and the ground flipping and rotating constantly his heart beat roaring in his ears as he gripped the closest tree his fingers leaving deep gouges in the thick bark. Yelling in pain Elfman doubled over throwing up violently into the bush, the disgusting bitter after taste coating his tongue. Collapsing to his knees Elfman twisted his body pressing his back against the tree, his bloodshot eyes barely seeing anything now. As the roar of his blood and the pain of his pounding head increased until it felt like his skull would split, the acidic liquid still dripping out of his eye's. He wished for unconsciousness for sweet oblivion but the pain only worsened, yelling his hands whipped up clenching at his white hair leaving dirt smudges in it as his muscles contorted his veins showing clearly on his body. Groaning Elfman's body convulsed in agony completely oblivious to the two sets of hand holding him back and the voices of his companions yelling his name.

"ELFMAN. ELFMAN" Evergreen and lisanna yelled their hands trying to restrain his twisting body.

"EVERGREEN HOLD HIS FACE STEADY" Lisanna yelled turning into her cat form .

Gripping his heavy face tight between her hands Evergreen felt panic rising in her fiercely as more blood began to pour out of Elfman's eyes. Eye's wide Lisanna struck Elfman across the back of the head hard a sickening thwack echoing across the country side and the city walls. Groaning Elfman slid forward his body stopped twisting and withering as he fell to the ground completely unconscious. With lightning fast reflexes that a wizard only gets when being on many dangerous missions Evergreen caught Elfman, pulling his upper body up and across her lap his head balancing on her shoulder and collar bone.

"What's happening to him" Evergreen shakily said as she began to wipe the blood away from Elfman's eyes.

"I don't know but what I do know is that it has to do with the forced soul" Lisanna said crouching down on the ground back in her human form, placing her face on top of Elfmans shoulder tears streaking her face. "We need to take Elf-nii chan back to the mansion and fast"

"Are you sure we should move him in his state?" Evergreen questioned her wide teary eyes still on the man in her arms her fingers still gently wiping away the blood.

Lisanna abruptly stood up and wrapped his large arm over her small shoulders "Yes we need to move him now, he needs a medic and something warm"

Evergreen struggled to her feet Elfmam's heavy weight balanced between the two ladies as they half carried half dragged Elfman off the ground, stumbling towards the city entrance. Looking up at Elfman's face Lisanna saw more drips of blood pour out, with her free hand she quickly wiped it away. As they stumbled through the large cobbled city tripping up on lose stones and uneven cobbles, Lisanna looked past Elfman's shoulder over at Evergreens face. Her face was pale and her eyes had a glossy sheen to them her glasses doing nothing to conceal her concern for her elder brother. Tripping up the steps Evergreen fumbled with the door handle flinging it open and into the mayors face who was standing on the inside of the door.

Gasping the young mayor stepped back away from Elfman unnerved by his bleeding eyes

"Something bad happened to him" Lisanna gasped looking meaningfully at the mayors freaked out face, "Is there a Medic in this city"

The mayor vigorously shook his head "No she left a while ago to tend to the wounded after those dragons attacked in the grand magic games. She is still working there"

"Look we don't have time to talk we need to get him up stairs NOW" Evergreen said angrily forcing them to walk up the stair, her eyes switching between the steps in front of her to Elfman's face. The two mages were amazed at how fast the got up the stairs considering they were dragging and carrying a very heavy man between them. Lunging into Evergreens bedroom, Evergreen and Lisanna gratefully placed the still unconscious Elfman on top of the bed pushing him in place Evergreen turned to look at Lisanna.

"Evergreen. I'm going to call Mirajane she needs to know about this" Lisanna said producing a calling card from her hand that had a cartoon figure of Mirajane at the front.

"That's a good idea" Evergreen said distractedly her eyes drifting over to Elfmans face barely noticing Lisanna clasping he brothers hand and kissing the top of it before hurriedly walking out of the room.

Evergreen lent down placing a hand on top of Elfman's forehead feeling heat radiate off of it. Grabbing a face cloth from the bathroom Evergreen poured cool water over it and wiped at his forehead and gently underneath his firmly closed eyes removing left over traces of blood. Termoil filled Evergreen's mind as an oceans worth of emotions filled her to overflowing. Leaning down she gently kissed his cheek and jaw finally a single tear coming out of her eye.

"Don't you dare leave me you jackass" Evergreen muttered in Elfman's ear feeling her confused and powerful emotions tug at her heart.

"I won't let you, you are not going to leave me" She murmured determinedly standing back up and wiping her tears away. Anger rolled through her anger at the monster who forced something terrible inside of Elfman. Anger at the monster who did this to him.

"You will beat this I know you will"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 14th chapter YAY well that was fun wonder whats up with Elfman aye, he's not having a very good time. Well read and review the next chapter will hopefully be up soon and quicker than this one took to put up hope you all enjoyed

lots of love and hugs and cookies 4 those that review love Fairychanger :*