1

Hello! Please feel free to correct me on any misinformation, but please, no homophobia/transphobia or anything else rude. I would like to keep the comments a safe space for people to talk and share their thoughts in a peaceful, civil, and nonoffensive matter. 

Other chapters will (hopefully) be formatted the same as this one with the same categories. Comment anything you'd like me to include or research. Also, if any of you guys research anything about these topics I would love to hear about it! 

There are several (a lot of) links in this chapter. If you hit the comment button on that line the comment section will pop up and you can copy the link from there. 

The fact of the day!

Historians have found that in some cultures being gay was not bad or effeminate, but it was instead evidence of a man's masculinity. For example, the Greeks.

Person of the day: Leonardo da Vinci!

Leonardo da Vinci was arrested twice for having sex with a man, but no one ever showed up to testify. If someone had, he could have been put to death and we wouldn't have The Last Supper or the Mona Lisa.

Historical Queer Couple!

Alexander the Great and Hephaestion. 

https://www.livius.org/articles/person/hephaestion/#:~:text=Hephaestion%20(c.,was%20probably%20a%20better%20organizer.

Queer Creators - Comedians!

Arielle Norman - http://arielleisaacnorman.com/

Mav Viola - http://www.mavviola.com/

LGBT Book! - Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda

Genre: Young Adult, Realistic Fiction

Here's a summary of the book I did not write. Credit goes to my library's website where I copied and pasted this from - 

Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he's pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he's never met.

LGBT song! 

Girls/Girls/Boys     by Panic! At The Disco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rurvNYFKWLU&list=PLCSle0KYNOIW36bv2CawcLnbE4KleooBN&index=29

Queer Kid's Corner!

LGBT picture book for kids:  Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag

A book for kids a bit older: Princess Princess Ever After (graphic novel)

I have not read either of these books. Princess Princess Ever After was suggested for fourth graders, but I do not personally know. I'd suggest doing a little research on both of these books if you are interested in getting them before you get them. 

A short film about bullying and acceptance of people in the LGBT community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwvdz2Yvl0