One of Us Is Lying

First Place Book~warmestwinter
Review & Graphic

One of Us is Lying was enticing to me right away, not only was the blurb informative, but it immediately hooked me without giving to much away, besides the blurb the cover was eye-catching and fit the overall theme of the book perfectly. I know it's not necessarily important but I'm a sucker for unique names with meanings that have influence over a story and in the first chapter alone we met so many characters with interesting names, it made my weird little heart so happy! On another note you really impressed me because you took a plot that is used often, assumed suicide or was it?, and turned it into so much more (I'm really trying not to give spoilers 😂) you took this plot and made it original, and you developed your characters in such an unique and natural way, the story was really enjoyable and I almost immediately felt a connection to the characters. Though your writing and overall style was impressing there are always things one can do to improve. In it's entirety the story is amazing cohesive and comprehensive, a few sentences in the first few chapters could use with restructuring as I had to re-read them a couple times, the sentences I'm referring to where mostly transitional ones that changed from a detail to idea or thought. (I don't wanna include them because again spoilers) besides that minor thing there where some spelling and grammar errors such as missing commas and I's that weren't capitalized. My last little nitpick would be Onyx more specifically her friends. All together her character was well put together, and though the story isn't over yet I already feel attached to her, throughout the book we are introduced to some of her friends, and if I'm not mistaken the name of the class President is originally Siri, but she's mentioned later and her name has changed. All that aside the book is really good and I'm looking forward to finishing!
- Karrie

 All that aside the book is really good and I'm looking forward to finishing!- Karrie

If you wish to request any changes PM this account!