𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

(Y/N) woke up sitting at her desk. She rubbed her tired eyes as she dragged her upper body away from the table. She noticed the folders that were scattered across her table. (Y/N) quickly cleared her table then called for her maids.

"Your majesty, what do you need help with?" A maid asked, bowing her head with respect. (Y/N) Turning to her, she replied, "I need to check on the preparations for my coronation day today. Tell Mitsuri and Shinobu that I'll be bringing them along with me on this trip." (Y/N) paused. "Today, I'd like to wear something simple. Something that won't attract unwanted attention."

"Yes, your majesty." The maid stated, bowing her head again before leaving to get Mitsuri and Shinobu. After that maid left, another maid brought (Y/N) a washbowl filled with warm water. (Y/N) took the washbowl and washed up before the maid who brought the washbowl bowed and brought the washbowl away. The remaining maids surrounded (Y/N) and worked together to dress (Y/N) up. Two of the maids were in charge of (Y/N)'s hair and the other three were choosing and helping (Y/N) put on her gown. The maids were cooperative and finished their work in ten minutes. The process was fast and quiet. The maids did not speak and each silently did their part. The awkward atmosphere was due to the maids' common fear of (Y/N) for she was cold and stern with them.

"We're done, your majesty. Are you pleased with your appearance?" The bravest of the bunch asked, leading (Y/N) to a full-body mirror. (Y/N) stared dully at her reflection and nodded.

"All of you did well, you may all be excused."

The maids bowed in synchronisation at the princess's words before quickly fleeing the scene. (Y/N) was not dumb. She noticed her maids' fear but there was nothing much she could do. She had already established a threatening reputation in her residence to prevent servants from stepping out of line. No matter how desperately (Y/N) wanted to mend the relationship between her and her maids, she knew it would be nearly impossible.

'Moreover, I'll be more prone to showing my weaknesses if I ever have an easy-going friendship with anyone which endangers my safety. But why is it that I still find myself behaving casually around-'

"Your majesty," a voice disrupted (Y/N)'s thoughts. "Mitsuri and Shinobu are here."

"Ah... Let them in."

Mitsuri and Shinobu walked in, bowing their heads out of respect, "Your majesty, Mitsuri and Shinobu are at your service."

(Y/N) waited for the petrified maid to leave the room before turning around and flashing the two hashiras a genuine smile.

"Please be informal with me, I'd like our relationship to not be tensed." (Y/N) had already mistakenly portrayed herself as a scary person to the other servants. (Y/N) thought that she should allow the hashiras to act comfortably around her.

'It's to build a stronger relationship. That way, they'll be more motivated to protect me. I should've considered this when I dealt with the other maids and butlers in the palace...' Although regretful (Y/N) was, she had no intentions of restoring the relationship between her and her workers.

"Are the two of you ready? I wish to check on the preparations for my upcoming coronation day and my coming-of-age."

"We're ready, your majesty." Shinobu and Mitsuri said in synchronisation.

The three girls left the palace and she only needed to check on one thing today. Her coronation dress. A tailor and a designer had visited the palace to measure (Y/N)'s measurements and had the princess pick one design out of the many that the designer brought. (Y/N) thought back to a month ago when the tailor and his partner, the designer, had come to visit the royal.

"Your majesty, these are the most popular designs amongst young female nobles who are also preparing for their coronation day." The designer announced, flipping through a thick book filled with sketches and notes at the side for the tailor to take notes of before stopping at a particular page and pointing at the three designs there. There was a dress with frills at the hem; the sleeves; and the front of the dress. The pastel pink and the white frills make the wearer appear cheerful and youthful. The second design had puffy sleeves and a puffy skirt. The fabric was sticking out naturally and it made the dress appear prettier than it's supposed to be. Glitter littered the hem of the dress, making the dark purple gown appear mysterious. Moreover, the design is loose which allows young ladies who are still not used to wearing heavy gowns to still dress elegantly and imitate the older nobles. The last design was considered plain compared to the first two designs as it had neither extravagant laces nor loose fabric. Instead, what stood out for the last design was the pearls. Pearls were tied together using strong strands of strings and they were attached to the waist of the dress. From afar, you could see numerous pearls lining the skirt which made the piece stand out. The top was completed with a large lace attached to the two shoulders of the gown and meeting at a point right below the chin. A large red bow with a translucent gem stuck to the centre of the bow was sewn onto the chest area. This dress gave off a strong impression due to its crimson red colour along with the pearls. The white and red colour combination gave off a royal vibe.

"However, as it is your majesty's coronation day, we would like to offer you a design that is far better and grander than the ones we currently have. After working restless nights, I have infused the popular traits of our bestselling pieces into one masterpiece that I think your majesty would look fabulous in for your coronation day." (Y/N) remember how excited the designer was to introduce her latest design to royalty. The tailor had chuckled at the designer's enthusiasm but he waited patiently for his partner to finish advertising her work.

"Here it is! I didn't announce this design to other nobles for fear that they will steal your majesty's design away. I want your majesty to wear this precious piece. Do you have any problems with the design?" The designer asked in anticipation. (Y/N) remember examining the piece carefully, taking in the small details before giving the designer the answer she was looking for.

The dress was dark blue which made a bold appearance already. (Y/N) noticed the note mentioned that the dress was made with the same fabric as the second design except there are three layers of fabric sewn together. The base was the darkest blue while the second layer was white lacing which was covered by the last fabric. The top of the dress was akin to the third design, lacing that covered (Y/N)'s chest and sewn together with a blue bow with white strips. The sleeves reached (Y/N)'s wrists and end with frills. The piece held fragments of the designer's famous works. It was perfect.

"I love it... It's perfect..." (Y/N) remember sighing in awe while trying to maintain a professional expression. The designer was over the moon.

"Excuse me, I'm here to check on the production of a dress I ordered." (Y/N) said, smiling at the lady at the counter. The worker checked a thick notebook which (Y/N) presume was where they kept track of orders. As (Y/N) was waiting, Shinobu and Mitsuri stood close to the royalty. Shinobu kept eyeing her surroundings for potential threats while Mitsuri stared at the dresses in awe.

"Ah! Your majesty, your piece is finished. We'll send someone to deliver it to your palace later, don't worry about it." The worker reassured. (Y/N) nodded and turned to her two bodyguards. "Since I've done what I was supposed to do, why don't the two of you go on and buy clothes for yourselves-"

Before (Y/N) could finish her sentence, she was interrupted by a cocky giggle followed by the arrival of unwanted guests.

"Oh, if it isn't little Mitsuri~" The voice taunted.

*.✧*。☆.。*♡*゚.✧