'Don't get too friendly'

Rose's time in the Hospital wing flew by. Her friends came to visit her every day, as well as Scorpius and the members of her extensive family who were still in school. Her arm was healing nicely and Madam Pomfrey assured her she would be free to go back to her regular life on Friday, when they were going to take the bandages off. Scorpius came and taught her whatever they'd been learning in class. This usually involved him putting his hand around hers on her wand to make sure she got the movement for whatever spell he was teaching her correct. Before she knew it, it was Saturday morning, and she was back in the girls dormitory. Just as Madam Pomfrey had warned, there was a long pale scar running down Rose's left arm, but it wasn't visible underneath her robes, so Rose didn't mind. The bigger problem on her mind was what she was going to wear to Hogsmeade. She'd decided on muggle clothes, but wasn't sure which outfit was best, and had enlisted Alice's help. Alice had a good eye for both witch and muggle fashion, and always knew exactly how to pull any outfit off. At the moment Alice was torn between Rose's cyan mini dress with black leggings and a dainty golden necklace and rose's v-neck buttercup yellow t-shirt with a pair of ripped acid-washed jeans.

"I think you should go with the top and jeans," said Alice at last. "It'll go really nicely with your hair and it's casual too, so it doesn't look like you're trying too hard."

"Alright," said Rose happily, glad she didn't have to make these decisions herself, and hurried off to the bathroom to change. When she was finished, she brushed her teeth and hair thoroughly, before letting a very excited Alice pin up her hair into two neat twin buns and spray it with Selena's magical hair spray. The outfit was finished with a pretty but simple black choker and some purple butterfly earrings that fluttered slightly in a breeze. Alice and Rose stood in front of the mirror together, admiring their handy work.

"How do I look?" asked Rose, smiling.

"Beautiful," replied a beaming Alice, "Scorpius is going to love it!" The only thing Rose didn't like about the outfit, was that the short sleeved t-shirt revealed her scar, but tried to block the thought out of her mind.

The two girls walked down to the great hall together, and went to sit at their usual spots at the Gryffindor table. Rose's muggle outfit drew a couple of curious stares from purebloods, and a couple of loud whistles and catcalls from some idiot muggleborns at the Ravenclaw table, but other than that Rose felt extremely excited. She tucked into a breakfast of bacon, toast, baked beans, potatoes and earl grey tea, smiling to herself. She glanced over at the Slytherin table, where Scorpius was grinning and talking to Albus, who was making grand hand gestures and laughing as he explained something. Soon she had finished her breakfast at twice the speed as usual and was imploring Alice to finish eating.

"Please hurry up," said Rose, fiddling with her fork. She was full of nervous energy and she couldn't wait to go meet Scorpius at the entrance hall, but at the same time felt a sense of trepidation. What if she messed up somehow? She wouldn't, she was going to enjoy herself. "Oh please hurry up," she said again to Alice.

"You don't need to wait for me," replied Alice through a mouthful of toast, "Look, Scorpius is leaving now" - Rose looked at the Slytherin table and saw him get up and begin to make his way out of the great hall- "You go and meet him in the entrance hall, sweep him off his feet." Rose blushed.

"Alright then," she replied, smiling. She got up and with a last nervous look at Alice, walked out of the great hall, past the other tables and students, and to the entrance hall where Scorpius was waiting for her.

"Good luck Rosie!" she heard Alice call after her.

Rose was soon in the entrance hall, where several other students who were planning to go to Hogsmeade were milling around. She spotted Scorpius sitting alone in a corner, reading a book. He was also wearing muggle clothes, they had been a gift from Albus from a previous Christmas. He was wearing a black rolling stones hoodie, jeans and converse. He looked up as she approached him and put his book down, smiling at her.