Two

"Prince Chenle! Get your behind in the palace, this instant!" King Peng yells to his youngest son.

The royal family is having a feast. Reason being, King Peng/Zhong is meeting with King Huang to discuss an alliance between their two kingdoms. The King, Queen, and oldest prince of the Zhong family are all gathered at a table in the dining hall for a grand meal. All except Chenle.

Chenle knew about the feast, he just didn't want to attend because he found it boring

He instead, snuck out and went to a basketball court somewhere far off in the village. He was accompanied by the royal stylist's son and his friend, Lee Jeno.

Jeno do not want to be out right now. The last thing he'd want is to get in trouble, he only tagged along to convince Chenle to go back before the King got mad. Nonetheless, Chenle managed to course him into playing a few games before heading back.

"Sweetheart, you have to let Chenle be a kid." Queen Howin banters, lightly hitting her husbands chest.

"Why that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Completely preposterous! Do you know why I became king before my older brother?" The King spoke.

"Because you 'became a man' at thirteen and overthrew your dad, or something." Guang sighs, rolling his eyes. He has heard this story one too many times before.

"Exactly. I was ready to be king as a teen, yet Chenle is reaching an adult and you already are, and neither of you are prepared!" King Peng lectures, pushing his chair back and standing up. "Excuse me King Huang, I must retrieve my son."

"Chenle, we must go! King Huang could be at the palace already!" Jeno blurts.

"Reeelax, I'll just shoot one more hoop then-"

"CHEN-LEEEE!"

"O- gotta go!" Chenle jokes. A smirk grows on his face as he grabs the ball and throws it towards the hoop one last time. He runs past, not even checking to see if he made it in, which he did.

He sprints through a small neighborhood, jumping over any toys that laid out in the yards of households with children.

Chenle felt so alive. He ran faster than ever, wind in his hair and no strict father with hundreds of rules to stop him.

This isn't the first time. It was almost everyday that Chenle would disrespect his fathers wishes and do what ever he wanted, but still manage to escape punishment and be where he needs to be.

He even had a secret route specifically from the basketball court to the back entrance of the castle.

Chenle runs through the back entrance of the castle, up the grand staircase, and into his room where he removes his graphic tee and throws on a white button up and a black jacket with gold details. He then runs back down the stairs and into the dining room.

 He then runs back down the stairs and into the dining room

"Sup Mr. Huang King sir." Chenle says slowly walking by the King. He sits down and grabs a bun from the basket in front of him. Once sitting, he leans back and puts his feet up on the table. "Where's dad?"

King Peng then kicks down the door causing Chenle to quickly sit up and wipe the crumbs off his pants.

"Chenle!" King Peng yells in an angry tone.

Chenle clears his throat. "Hi dad... "