Chapter 4: Team Building Activity

Narrator's POV

"Class, I have something to say,"

"What is it, sir?"

"We will be having a team-building activity next weekend. All of the grade 11 students are going"

Everyone is screaming for excitement.

"We will have lots of team building activities there, so please inform your parents about it. I will be giving you a parents consent, fill up the paper, and give it to me within the week. Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir,"

"Ok. Please distribute the parents' consent. That's all for today. See you tomorrow,"

The teacher went out of the classroom.

"Do you love team building activities, Ella?" Kim asked.

"Yes, so much because it's fun,"

"Yup, I agree. I'm so excited,"

"Me too,"

One week later.

Ella woke up early because she is excited about the team building today. She took a bath, eat, and get dressed in her P.E uniform. She packed her things last night, but she doubled check if there's something that she forgot to bring.

When Ella is walking to school, she saw Aden going out of his house.

"Aden! Good morning"

"Good morning,"

The two of them walked to school together.

Ella's POV

Aden and I are walking to school together, and it's kind of awkward for me. I looked at him, and he is just quiet and has his eyes on the road.

When we arrive at school, we went to our assigned bus. I saw Kim, and she waved at me. I want to sit beside her, but a person is sitting beside her already, so I looked for a vacant seat.

There are only two vacant seats left, and Aden and I would have to sit beside each other.

Aden and I sat beside each other. After a few minutes, the bus started its engine and was off to go. After some time, I feel sleepy, so I took a nap.

Aden's POV

Ella and I went to school together, and we are sitting beside each other. I look at her, and she is asleep. The bus bounced, and Ella's head is on my shoulder, and she is still sleeping. My heart is beating so fast.

"Stop it, Aden. Stop this feeling that you are feeling"

After an hour, we have arrived at our destination, and I woke up Ella.

"Ella, wake up. We're here already,"

"Huh? Are we here already?"

"Oh"

"Ok"

We went out of the bus.

"Ok, put all your things there, and we will start in a bit,"

"Ok!"

After some minutes, we started our team building activity. We played lots of games like tug of war, egg drop, ice breaker, and many more. And now we are playing volleyball. Boys vs. boys. The guy spikes the ball hard, and it went out of the line. I look where it would hit, and I saw Ella passing by, and she is going to hit by the ball.

"Ella, watch out!"

Ella turned around, and it's too late because the ball hit Ella's head, and she fell. I hurriedly went to her.

"Ella? Ella!"

I tap Ella's face, and she is not waking up.

"I'm so sorry,"

"It's ok. You didn't do it on purpose. You should carry Ella to the clinic inside the building, Aden," The teacher said.

"Ok, sir,"

I hurriedly went inside the building and look for the clinic. When I already found it, I went inside, and a nurse approached us.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She got hit by a ball on her head,"

"Ok. She's just unconscious. She will wake up later,"

"Ok"

"You should go back and continue what you are doing outside. I will take care of her,"

"Ok. Thank you"

I looked at Ella and went out. I felt so worried about her.

Ella's POV

I woke up, and my head is aching a little.

I remember I was hit by a ball and everything went black.

"Oh, you're awake,"

"Who carried me here?"

"A guy carried you here, but I didn't know his name,"

Did Aden carry me here?

I got up to go back to our team building activity.

"I'm going back now,"

"Are you ok now?"

"My head is aching a little, but I'm ok. Thank you"

I went out of the clinic. When I was walking, I saw Aden sitting on a bench. I walked towards him and sat beside him.

"Is your head ok? The ball hit you hard on the head,"

"It does hurt a little, but I'm ok. Were you the one who brought me to the clinic?"

"Oh"

"Thank you,"

"No problem. its break time now, and the teacher knows about your condition,"

"Thank you,"

I look at Aden, and he is looking up the sky. His eyes are sad, I can tell. Where is the cheerful Aden I know two years ago? I wanted to know what happened to him that he changed a lot. I think it's hard for me to bring back the old Aden. He also doesn't open up to me. I hope he will open up to me someday.

"What are you looking at?"

"Uh, nothing. Let's go back?"

"Ok"

Aden and I went back to where we conducted our team building activity.