Chapter 19

Third Person POV:

"Wait you have a crush on someone?" Lucy said in a hushed yet shocked tone.

"Well....." Cana looked left and right before slowly approaching Lucy. She was so flustered she couldn't even look Lucy in the eyes.

"I-It's someone I've known for a bit. A-And she's very special to me." Cana was so nervous Lucy swore she could see her shaking.

"Hey hey. It's ok just take it easy. Take your time." Lucy said as she rubbed Cana's back.

Cana nodded and looked up into Lucy's eyes before she continued to speak.

"She just has the most beautiful eyes. Her hair is light and gorgeous. Her body is amazing, of course, hahaha... But she's so much more than that.  She always tries to be nice and caring towards those around her. She is strong and tough. She doesn't really show it too often but sometimes she doubts her abilities and I don't know why because she's amazing."

With how Cana was looking at Lucy, Lucy couldn't help but also blush a little bit too.

"W-Who is it?" Lucy asked Cana

"It's It's...."

HOLY CRAP JUST SPIT IT OUT. YOU'RE KILLING ME. Lucy thought to herself. But of course, she didn't say it out loud.

"It's Mira. I have a crush on Mira."

A sign of relief flashed over Lucy's face. For a second she was worried Cana was gonna say she was her crush. I thought of how she was going to be able to reject the girl scared her. I mean Cana was one of her best friends. She didn't want to make her upset.

"Awww, that's super cute. I think you have a good shot"

Cana rubbed her arm nervously.

"A-Are you sure? I mean she's so out of my lead. She's so powerful and strong, and beautiful, and-"

"Yes I agree Mira is very amazing, but so are you. Don't think of yourself as less than" Lucy cut Cana off from her ramble,

"B-But she has so many suitors. So many people are in love with her. I don't think I even have a chance with her. She probably doesn't even like me like that, and the last thing I'd want to do is ruin the friendship that we have together. I mean we grew up together. I don't know if I'll be able to live with myself if I lost such a close friend."

"Cana, you have to listen to me. Look at yourself. You're a bombshell. You're also beautiful and sexy and smart. You work just as hard. You guys don't have to be on the same level as each other. The only thing that matters is how much you love each other."

"L-Love? I haven't thought that far"

"Yes. Love. Just look at me and Erza. She could pummel me into the ground if she wanted to. We are definitely and I mean DEFINITELY, not at the same level. Yet we love each other very much. Our ranking and status didn't matter to us. The only thing that mattered was our personality, our aspirations in life, and who we are. She loves me because I'm me and vise versa." Lucy explained.

"I think I'm starting to understand what you're getting at Lucy. Thank you for talking to me about this. I've kept it in for so long I was about to explode." Cana grabbed Lucy's hand into hers as she thanked her.

"No problem Cana. And how about this. After the test is over and you become an awesome S-rank wizard, how about I help you ask Mira-chan out?"

"You would do that for me?" 

"Of course. You're my dear friend. Now come on, we should really get on with the test." Lucy said as she got out of the water and helping Cana out."

_________________________________

Hey peeps. How are you? I realize I've never asked you guys that before, so I'm doing that now.  I meant to update sooner, but I got stuck with work. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter. I love you all. See you in the next chapter. :)

                            -TheVampireUnicorn