Chapter 7

Taehyun was sitting at his desk, watching YouTube on his laptop.
While Taehyun was waiting for a video to load, he glanced through the window and saw a silhouette of someone trudging towards the street lamp in front of his house.
As the silhouette met the glow of the light, he recognized the figure.
'Is that...Huening Kai?'
Taehyun watched as Huening Kai threw his backpack to the ground.
'What is he doing?'
Suddenly Huening Kai collapsed to the ground, and at the same time, Taehyun felt it.
Taehyun paid no attention to it though, he was too worried about the younger boy outside his window.
He ran downstairs, and outside. As he ran closer towards Huening Kai, the more his body ached, the more he felt tired.
'What? Why do I feel like this again?' He thought.
He dropped to his knees beside the sobbing boy, not realizing he had started crying too.
He picked Huening Kai's head off the ground, and Huening Kai immediately collapsed against his chest.
Huening Kai looked up at Taehyun, tears still flowing from his eyes.
If any passerby saw this scene, they would see that Taehyun looked almost as bad as Huening Kai.

"T-Taehyun?" Huening Kai croaked.
Taehyun nodded his head, now realizing that he had started crying as well.
'Why am I crying too?'
Huening Kai's body shook with sobs, and at the same time tore Taehyun's heart with him.
Huening Kai covered his face with his arm, but Taehyun grabbed his wrist to move it.
Huening Kai winced, and Taehyun immediately let go, feeling the pressure of pain in his wrist as well.
Taehyun's eyes widened,
'Is he...?'
Taehyun gently took a hold of Huening Kai's arm, and rolled up his sleeve, revealing scars scattered across his skin.
Huening Kai pulled his arm away,
"What are you d-doing?" Huening Kai chokes out through sobs.
"You're my soulmate.." Taehyun said dumbfounded.
"W-what?"
"You're my soulmate!" Taehyun took Huening Kai in his arms, and hugged him tightly.
"I can't believe it was you! Don't worry, I'm gonna help you, I'm here"

Before Huening Kai could say anything, two familiar voices echoed down the street.
"HUENING KAI!! IS THAT YOU?!"
Yeonjun and Soobin ran towards Taehyun and Huening Kai.
"Taehyun! What happened?!"
Soobin said, falling to his knees in front of them.
"I dunno! I just saw him outside my window!"
Yeonjun sat down beside Soobin.
"We where worried sick Huening Kai! Why did you leave?"
"I-I overheard you guys talking about me in the living room, and I thought you wanted me gone! So I left.."
Yeonjun and Soobin shared the same glance, before Yeonjun took Huening Kai's hand.
"Kai-ah we weren't talking about you, we where talking about an old friend from high school."
"Please forgive us for any distress we might have caused you, we do want you with us, you're like a child to us" Soobin said
Huening Kai smiled, and took both Yeonjun and Soobin in a hug.

Taehyun stood up awkwardly, and started to walk back down his driveway, before Huening Kai called out to him.
Taehyun turned around, and Huening Kai walked up to him.
"I know I may not know you that well, but I'm glad to know it's you thats my soulmate"
Soobin and Yeonjun gasped behind them
Taehyun responded to Huening Kai.
"I felt everything, and please don't apologize, if I didn't feel your pain, I would never had known your desperate need of help"
Huening Kai's face flushed, as he tugged at his hoodie sleeves.
Taehyun pulled him closer, and hugged him.
"When I felt your pain, I promised to help you whenever I found you, and now that I have, I can...whoever I'm not sure how to do that, what do you need?"
"...a friend.."
"I'll be your friend, whatever you want me to be, as long as you are happy"
Taehyun pulled away, and kissed Huening Kai's wrist.
There was a feeling, almost like electricity that ran through them at that moment, and Huening Kai smiled, the first real smile he's had in a long time.

————————O———————

"WHAT?!" Beomgyu screeched "YOU MET YOUR SOULMATE?! WHA- WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!"
"Y-yesterday..."
"Wow! So what are they like? Who are they? Are they cute?"
"Well uh...y'know the quiet kid the basketball team is always picking on"
"No way..."
"Yeah, he's my soulmate.."
"....I would have never guessed that, but y'know that does make sense, you are always standing up for him when the basketball team does that"
"Haha yeah..."
Taehyun felt his phone buzz, and saw it was a text from an unknown number.

"Hello is this Taehyun?"
"Possibly, who is this?"
"Huening Kai <3"
"Oh, how did you get my number?"
"Yeonjun has a friend that had your number"
"Oh"

Taehyun looked up at Beomgyu, and asked
"Are you friends with someone named Yeonjun?"
"Yeah, he's an old friend of mine, we met at a choir camp- wait how did you know that?"
"Did you give him my number?"
"Yeah, but in my defense I thought we where playing truth or dare, why? Did he text you?"
"No, Huening Kai did"
"Who?"
"The quiet kid"
"Ohhh, he knows Yeonjun too?"
"Yeah he lives with him"
"What?! Wow would never have guessed that either! Man everything is coming full circle"
Taehyun felt his phone buzz again,

"Hey do you maybe want to get ice-cream with me later 👉👈🥺? We can get to know each other better, and I can tell you how sorry I am for putting you through my depression"
"I told you, you don't have to apologize, and also of course I'll get ice cream with you, whatever makes you happy"