xxxviii. | the savior

␈♔␈

␈♔␈

FALO WOKE UP TO A WOMAN AND CLARKE TALKING TO EACH OTHER. She groaned in pain, rubbing her temple from what the rock did to her forehead. Falo cracked her neck, the relief of her muscles relaxing satisfied her greatly.

"When a fascist government tried to take my home, I wanted blood, too, and I got it." the woman spoke to Clarke. Falo furrowed her eyebrows. What the hell did that mean? She knew that whatever a government was, it was no longer here.

Someone spoke through the radio the woman had attached to her hip. "We're at the lake now. Heading due north." they informed the woman in charge.

Realization hit Falo. This woman was from the world before the nuclear bombs waged by A.L.I.E destroyed the world. How they were so young and how they survived for so long amazed Falo.

"No one else has to die today," the woman smiled. "You tell me what I want to know and we can come up with an arrangement that works for all of us. Sound like a plan?"

Clarke didn't answer. Falo instantly caught on to what Clarke was doing.

"Hey, Diyoza, this one is awake." a man in a black suit shouted over to her.

"Okay, what's your names?" Diyoza asked, directing the question towards Falo. She didn't answer, so Diyoza sighed.

The man crossed his arms. "Maybe they don't speak English."

Diyoza squinted her eyes on the women. "Oh, they speak English, alright. They just want us to think otherwise so we'll talk freely and reveal something to them," Diyoza sighed. "Every time the radio goes off, the blond one looks at it," Diyoza picked up the radio. "She's tracking our movements. That's all she cares about. Neither of you wanna talk, that's fine. Don't talk, but we'll see how you feel when we find who you're protecting."

Falo glared at Diyoza, not uttering a single word.

"Change of plans, ladies and gents," Diyoza spoke into the radio. "No more prisoners. Shoot to kill."

_____

FALO CLOSELY LISTENED TO DIYOZA'S RADIO. If they found Madi at all, it would be bad because they would kill Madi and that would only send Falo into a deep spiral which was something no one needed right now. So when, Diyoza's men said they found a little girl running to a cave, Falo spoke.

"Stop!"

Diyoza smirked. "She speaks."

"Leave her alone." Falo cried. Clarke closed her eyes.