.02 Hawk

"Enough!" I shouted from my spot at the church table. I didn't even know why this meeting was called and I was supposedly in charge while Nathan was gone. Did they really need to go on a honeymoon? Rachel was already pregnant.

Thank God Prez is back tomorrow. These fuckers are going to be the death of me.

"Is there anything that can't actually wait until Prez is back tomorrow?" A chorus of absolutely nothing went out across the room. "Good. Stay out of trouble." I slammed the gavel down and end church.

I stayed in my seat while everyone else but Bender filed out. "We opening tonight?"

"'Course," I said. "What the fuck is Seal's deal?" I asked. "He's been off since the last security detail. And he's been back for weeks."

"Echo said something about the chick they were protecting."

"He mix business with pleasure?" Bender nodded, taking a puff of the cigarette between his lips.

Hours later I was sitting in our usual booth with Bender and Hands, watching a never ending stream of women roll into the clubhouse, each one more scantily clad than the last. They were all looking for the same thing. A lay. There were enough brothers willing, but they would have to fight the Soul Suckers for the attention. They wouldn't have any luck with me. I was looking for something serious.

I didn't know where I would find her, but I was pretty sure she wasn't just going to walk into my clubhouse with a sign pointing at her saying she was the one.

And then she did.

I saw her the moment she walked in. Her long blonde hair was curled down her back. She was too far away to see her eyes, but she was the most beautiful woman to ever walk into this clubhouse.

Nathan would fight me if he heard those words.

And fuck me. That dress. It was black and so short her perky ass nearly hung out of it. A low growl of disapproval left my throat as I watched the attention of every guy in the room turn to her.

Mine!

She was tugging a friend in with her. Her friend looked much less confident and less happy about being here. "This is such a bad idea. Such a bad idea," her friend said. Learning to read lips was proving to be a very helpful talent.

Her friend looked terrified, but the blonde looked curious. Studying her, I watched as they made their way to the bar. Shit. She was the mayor's daughter. He'd kill me. Or at least he'd try, but I wasn't about to let that stop me. What was her name? I was sure I knew it.

I saw Joey, the new prospect, staring at her. He must be about her age. Did he know her? As long as I had a say, he didn't stand a chance.

I watched as her brunette friend in the red dress pushed a shot of jack into her hand. She took it in one go, not even pulling a face at the burn it must have caused her. My kind of girl.

My eyes were trained on her the entire time as she took two more shots before dragging her very reluctant friend onto the dance floor.

"Shut up and dance!" I read her lips again, laughing slightly as her friend conceded and started dancing with her. I chuckled when one of the soul suckers carrying a tray of shots walked through the dance floor and she sneakily grabbed two shots from the tray. Smiling widely at her friend she handed her a shot; clanking them together she put the glass to her mouth. Before she could take it her eyes found mine. Resting my elbows on the table, I leaned forward, playing with the long neck bottle in his hands. She couldn't take her eyes off me. I knew what I was putting out there. I sat in a way to make my muscles flex bigger; my tattoos were on full display. My cut gave away my rank and was covered in various patches. If she knew anything about club life she'd knew what that meant. Her eyes never left mine as she tipped the amber liquid into her throat, swallowing in one go. The little minx that she was licked across her lips, removing the remaining booze before turning her back to me and dancing seductively, hips swaying in time to the beat while she pushed her ass out.