Chapter Twelve

disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to JK. Rowling, not me. Writing an alternate ending.

VOTE & COMMENT.

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

Harry was walking down the familiar streets of Diagon Alley. His skinny arm was held tightly by his mother's as they maneuvered the busy street. Reporters, shop keepers, and people of the magical community were looking at the boy-who-lived with wonder while looking at the Potters with barely hidden disgust. They stopped in the only shop with the owner inside. It read, 'Ollivander's makers of fine wands since 382 B.C.' They entered the small shop and rang the bell, waiting for the shopkeeper.

A frail-looking man came in from the back carrying a stack of wands, his white hair looking silver in the dim lighting. "Well hello, I was expecting you last year but nonetheless." He shrugged his shoulders as he stalked wand boxes on the counter. "Try these," he ordered.

The crowd outside was gathering by the minute. James looked outside the shop's window to see dozens of reporters flashing their camera's and almost half of the magical community watching in wonder as the boy-who-lived was looking for the wand that completed him. It has been a few hours and Oliver was sleeping in his mother's arms, as James was sitting on a chair provided by the shopkeeper. Harry was still standing near the counter trying out wands. "Here, try this. Unicorn hair, 11 inches, flexible." As soon as he touched the wand the windows of the shop burst with his magic. "Not this one, I guess." Smiled Ollivander as he swished his wand and fixed the broken window.

"I wonder." Whispered Ollivander as he moved to the back. He picked a box and said, "I thought there would never be an owner for this." He came back to the counter and opened the box. "Years ago, a special Pheonix gave two of its feathers." Lily's head jerked up at the thought and said, "I thought a Pheonix only gave one feather?" She asked. "Well, this one gave two. I used both to make separate wands." James looked at Lily and said, "I have one of those feelings that this is not going to end well." Ollivander looked at the famous family and sighed. "One of those wands was You-know-who's wand. They are brother wands." He stated. Lily put her head back and sighed. "How could a Pheonix give two feathers and how could my son share one with a monster?" She asked the world. "Now Lily, we don't know if he even shares a wand core." Said James trying to soothe his wife.

Harry looked at the box and opened it. As soon as he grabbed the wand, golden light filled the room signaling a wand choosing its wizard. James looked at the floor in defeat. no matter what he would do, his son was always going to have a connection with that maniac. "11" long, made of holly, and possesses a phoenix feather core. An unusual combination for a core and wood. That would be 75 galleons." He charged.

 l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

It's been two weeks since Harry had started learning and Minerva was unnerved by the level of progress he had. She entered the room the Potters designated for Harry's learning and opened the door without making a sound. What she looked at made her surprised. Harry was taking out his wand and muttering an incantation looking pointedly at the chair. At once, the chair turned into a black raven and back. "Mr. Potter, what are you doing?" She asked. Harry looked at her looking like a child with his hand caught in a cookie jar.

"I'm sorry. I just found this spell in the library and just wanted to try it out." He lied. McGonagall looked at the boy with expert eyes. "How did you find this? It is a sixth-year spell." She asked trying to determine if he was lying. "I was looking at the books and I found one that said, 'Transfiguration through the ages.' It was the first spell on the book." He answered. "Well, today we are changing a goblet into a bird. I suppose you know the incantation?" She asked. He pointed at the bird on the table and said, "Feraverte."

Meanwhile, Snape was in the sitting room discussing Harry's grades with Lily and James. "Potter, I never knew you were capable of creating a child that wasn't as arrogant of you." Sneered Snape. "What do you mean?" Asked Lily Potter ignoring the insult at her husband while James glared daggers at Snape. "Well, he is the only Potter I've seen capable of making potions. He is skilled in the delicate arts of potions making. he is talented." He complimented Harry. At Lily's surprised face he added, "He loves to learn. He had already memorized the first year potions. His potions are more than perfect. He even modified them so they could give more purpose. His potions are more than perfect. I dare say, his hands are skilled. I was tough on him, but he even  managed to get in my good graces." He said before he made his way out of the manor.

l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

 Two months of the summer break later was the time to go to Hogwarts. At exactly 10:45 they flooed to king's cross station. Harry wanting to avoid the goodbye's of his parents slid into the train while his brother stayed to hug his parents. Harry started browsing the train looking for the blond boy he assumed to be Draco Malfoy. He paused at one compartment and opened the door. He looked at the pointy face and albino hair. There he was, Draco Malfoy.

"Hello, I am Harry Potter. The other compartments are full, can I sit here?" He asked the twelve-year-old boy. Draco looked at Harry up and down and said, "Sure. I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He introduced sticking his hand out for him to shake. Harry accepted the unasked question of friendship. "You've never been to Hogwarts before. What house do you think you'll be in?" Asked Draco. "My family wants to put me in Gryffindor but, between you and me; I want to be in Slytherin," he answered. Draco's face barely hid his shock as he looked at Harry. "If you are in Slytherin, you'll be the first in your family." He said testing the water. "Well, I am known to do the impossible. Like finish a year's worth of school in two months.

And just like that Harry made his first ally in his conquest.

Harry joined the first years in a boat crossing the lake as he was supposed to do last year. He followed the trickling mass of first years across the hall.

"Welcome to another year of Hogwarts. Now before the feast begins I would like to welcome Harry Potter to the front of the podium to be sorted." The hall burst with whispers of how the sorting would go for the Potter twin when Harry made his way to the small chair where McGonagall places the hat on his head.

"Difficult... very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind either. There's talent... Ooh and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?" Asked the sorting hat. "Slytherin ay, you'd do well in Slytherin. You could be great you know it's all here in your head. And Slytherin will put you on the way to greatness."

"Better be SLYTHERIN!" The hat called out as the hall burst into a heavy silence.