Chapter 1

You've always had your way with things. You never talked.

You were close to Misturi and Giyuu. They taught you everything you needed to know, but you leaned more towards Misturi and her love of people.

You enjoyed her presence and grew up with her. You felt like a family.

Since your relationship with Misturi was so strong, you met all of the Hashiras and went on a lot of missions with every single one of them.

They all loved you because you were strong and quiet. Clever. Creative. Gentle. You were helpful to them during missions.

Even though they all loved you, the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps liked your position treating the injured. It's not like you really had any opinions about that.

You remember his words clearly when you first met... "You have strong potential to fight and to heal. You are very talented indeed."

He calmly closed his eyes, "You would be good at both if I didn't need more support tending the injured."

You felt really calm around him. Relief always fell upon you when you stood in front of him. You smiled pitifully, sat down in front of him, and looked up at the blue sky, "I don't have a problem with it if it helps you.." You said quietly.

He opens his eyes again and smiles. "Thank you for having patience with me," he said while looking straight ahead.

You really were the most influenced by him, Oyakata-sama. His presence was alluring. It was warm. It was calming. Every single time you felt it, it was refreshing.

You never got excited, but whenever you felt him near you, you would always turn around delighted. He was really interesting to you.

You listened to everything he said. You weren't delusional, mind you, what Oyakata-sama stood for, you also stood for. You respected him.

You didn't have many opinions and wouldn't judge anyone based on their looks. Whenever you met someone new, you'd see them like how one would see an inanimate object. You didn't have much awareness of them, but you didn't ignore them either.

You just didn't really have any thoughts on them. You were the same with demons. There was one exception though. 

It was a while ago. You wake up one night to find your only family dead in front of you. You remember hearing a stranger's footsteps so you played dead and waited for the intruder to leave.

You snuck a peak of their face. You remembered their stench. You remembered your passionate hate towards it.

Your mom had let them in because it was hurt.

You remember your mom always wanting to help everyone she found in need of help. Even if it was a minor set-back. This time was definitely not a minor set-back.

Even after your mom helped the injured demon, it ate her and the rest of your family in front of you.

You were the only survivor.

You knew after that day, you decided not to judge anyone based on their appearance and first impression alone.

After that, Misturi was the one who found you in the house barely able to talk.

She found you hiding in the kitchen, trembling.

---------------------------------------------

You finished watering the plants in the backyard when you were called into the building for an emergency.

You slowly turned your head and nodded. You placed down the watering pot and walked inside, casually.

When you entered you saw three boys. Around your age too.