Chapter 2

In the morning you go to check up on the three new patients.

You enter and see Inosuke and Zenitsu sleeping while Tanjiro is awake in bed.

He looks at you and you both smile at each other.

You walk towards the two sleepy heads and try to shake them awake. Inosuke wakes up but Zenitsu still sleeps, unphased.

You sigh and exit the room.

You come back 20 minutes later with a bucket of ice-cold water.

You check to see if Zenitsu woke up just in case.

He hasn't.

The two awake boys look at you with confusion. You smile at them as you walk towards Zenitsu's bed with the bucket of water.

You lift it and pour it on his face, all while your smile stays intact, and your eyes stay closed.

Tanjiro and Inosuke both jump at the sight of water collapsing on Zenitsu and him sitting up gasping.

You open your eyes and slowly place the now-empty bucket down on the floor. You look at Zenitsu, still smiling.

"Good afternoon." You say as Zenitsu looks around absolutely confused and mortified.

"Once you're fully awake, please clean up the mess." You reach for the bucket and exit the room to put it back.

You suddenly remember something. That boy, Tanjiro...

There was something with a demon connected to him...

"Ah," You say out loud.

You remember yesterday while meeting with the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps. He told you about Tanjiro's sister and their situation.

You pitied them. In the nicest way possible.

You didn't passionately hate all demons, you just wanted revenge on one demon only. That didn't mean you trusted them all. In fact, it took you a while to trust Misturi and Giyuu.

You couldn't blame him though. The girl was the only family he had left after everyone else in his family was slaughtered. You felt sympathy for him since the almost exact thing happened to you.

You didn't want to take his sister away from him, but there are certain things that are way out of your control.

You sigh and return the bucket to the same place you got it from.

You walk back to the room where the three boys were.

You knock on the door and let yourself in.

"Pardon me," You say gently.

You close the door behind you and look over to Zenitsu.

He's cleaning up the water you poured. Good.

You walk to Tanjiro's bed and sit on his bed.

"Tanjiro..?" You ask his name to get his attention.

"Hm?" He answers with a blank face.

"What's your sister's name?" You ask as you unwrap his bandages with care.

His eyes widen, "Nezuko?"

You subtly smile with joy, "Nezuko.." you repeated with your eyes filled with love.

Tanjiro's concern increases at the realization that you know about her, "She's good! She would never eat anyone!"

You pause unwrapping his bandages and smile at him and then continue to unwrap, "You know her best, right?"

Tanjiro's eyes widen, "You aren't mad?"