Prologue

My heart was a swinging dizzy pendulum from the sky to the earth

It was my first love.

She sighed as she strolled beside the narrow lobby of the supermarket, grabbing toiletries and soap bars. A smile came to her face when she caught the sight of a dreamcatcher, hanging on the edge of a rack. "Yumi?" Her head gradually turned as the name of her best friend left her lips, just to find nobody around to her disappointment.

"Yumi!" She tried to keep her voice low but failed to. "Yes!" She heard the shrill voice of her friend and turned around, finding Yumi's arms filled with large packs of chips and nachos along with a few ramen boxes.

"Right, and we split our bills." she pointed at her, raising an eyebrow. Yumi sheepishly smiled, putting all of her stuff into the same cart. "You see, we're losing weight." She smiled. "We need junk, Moony" she announced, grabbing a few bottles and cans of cola.

"Oh, damn" Moon commented, staring at a guy on the far end of the lobby they stood in. "What?" Yumi asked, her face still buried inside the cooler containment. "That guy buying wine? He's cute." Moon chirped, continuing to look at a few price tags.

"Who? Oh, fuck" Yumi cursed, lips parting as the tin can fell off from her hand. Her mouth was agape as she stared at the man, the man who turned towards her with pouted lips when he heard the sound of the can. "Oh!" She almost yelped, looking away and pulling Moon to the adjacent lobby.

"What's wrong with you?" Moon spat, glaring at Yumi. "You see, that cute man over there, he's Hoseok" she whispered. "Hoseok? BTS Hoseok? Oh come on, I'm sure he won't roam around like that!" Moon replied, rolling her eyes and reaching out for her cart.

"No, no, no, no, no, STOP!" Yumi exclaimed, pulling her back. "You see, me, over here?" Yumi sarcastically chuckled before abruptly stopping. "If it isn't that obvious already, I'm losing my shit" She withdrew her smile making Moon stare at her with disinterest. "Why?" She demanded and Yumi pursed her lips. "Well, you know, I am certainly not Min Yoongi's sister that I'll randomly be taking a chill pill right now!" She exclaimed with a sarcastic smile and Moon rolled her eyes. "Besides, I don't wanna invade his privacy." She said and Moon scoffed.

"You're not invading his privacy, you're just shopping with me. And trust me, whispering with me in a corner won't help!" Moon said and Yumi rolled her eyes. She bent down to peep through the small space between the racks and Moon stared at her with a scowl on her face. "What happened to privacy?" She whispered and Yumi narrowed her eyes at Moon, standing back up straight before quickly extending her hand grabbing the trolley.

Hoseok's eyes turned back to the direction of the hand that caught the trolley and pulled it to the other side of the supermarket. He frowned before walking away from the place, casually striding towards the counter for the bill.

From the other side of the lobby, the taller man, who was supposed to accompany his older brother, almost lost his way until his eyes caught sight of him, checking out some wine for Jin's birthday. That's when he saw two girls, one with a clad small sweater and one wearing a long coat, just like him.

He could hear them whispering adversely, and the reaction they gave when they realised Hoseok's identity, didn't go unnoticed by him. A few minutes later he caught the side of the taller girl pulling her trolley sneakily, which resulted in a breathy chuckle by him.

He, however, followed his hyung out of the shop, where they parted ways, gladly. "Come home soon, okay Taehyungie?" His elder instructed and Taehyung cutely smiled. "Yes, hyung." He replied. "Put on your mask!" He told Hoseok and the elder nodded, quickly pulling the cloth over his mouth.

"This is the best day of my life," Yumi announced, walking with two huge packets in her hand. "Right. And you didn't even take a picture with him! He was your bias, Yumi!" Moon whined, feeling bad for her friend.

"I know~ But I really never thought I'll see them like this. Any of them. Thank God for my luck though! And I'm not gonna spoil their free time by barging into their lives," Yumi lectures and Moon smiled, giving her dreamy eyes.

"Aw, my daughter is all grown up." She sang, putting an arm around her form and Yumi scrunched her face, bickering with her best friend until a hoarse voice stopped them in their tracks. "Excuse me?"

"Yes?" Yumi gladly turned around, only to freeze with her eyes suddenly widening like earlier. "Hey." The man breathed out somewhat without confidence, frozen along with Yumi, which was the weird part. His eyes wavered but didn't leave her form, blinking a few times

And Moon stood behind Yumi like an oblivious idiot, eyeing the two of them staring at each other.

She caught Taehyung gulping, his breath getting ragged as if he just saw something he'd never seen before, something too valuable. Which was the actual case, in fact.

Taehyung wasn't impressed, he wasn't fascinated, neither was he just interested. Taehyung was charmed. He didn't expect it would be him who would go haywire after seeing the ARMY he'd caught in the supermarket earlier, rather the opposite - he thought she would be the one head over heels, but for now, he was way more than infatuated. Taehyung was enchanted and bewitched.

The girl in front of him looked more beautiful than anyone else he'd ever seen. He was the one who tried to see the inner beauty, but he couldn't help and get captivated by the aura of the woman in front of him.

And right now, the atmosphere before him was more than just appealing. More than fascinating. It was almost as if the world turned into a magical place, deep pink sparkles in his eyes, making him want to fall in love with this girl right at the moment.

Somewhere inside his head, he felt like it was the massive amount of anime and romance movies subtitled in korean harnessing his imaginations- taking it to another tangent of perfection, a bit too much than the reality.

But he wanted it. If it was a waste of time, chasing this beauty in front of him, he wanted it. She wasn't even doing anything. She was just standing there.

And he knew at that moment, he wanted her to be his epic love.

And he would get her to be his, he knew that well.

❥