003; quinn and dylan (sort of) talk

Rachel had insulted Mr. Schue and he now won't come to rehearsal.

Also, glee club had gotten three new members. After the atrocity of an assembly, Quinn, Santana and Brittany (informally known as the unholy trinity) had joined. Dylan couldn't see a reason for their sudden urge to join, after hearing constant insults come from them about it, unless it was to pry Finn away from Rachel.

Quinn had every right to be suspicious. There was definitely something going on between the two, and as time passed by, it became more and more obvious.

"He's not coming," Rachel said as she entered the room, a plate of sugar cookie in hand that had the words I'm sorry written on them in white icing.

Finn and Rachel bickered like an old, married couple, and the more they carried on, the tenser Quinn Fabray grew as she watched from her seat. Dylan couldn't help but pity her. Finn had told her Rachel meant nothing to him, yet he spent more time with her than his actual girlfriend.

"Do you see anyone else in here with a plate of I'm sorry cookies? I don't, just you," Finn put his hands on his hips, and Rachel's face fell.

"I'm bored," Quinn declared, standing from her chair, a broad, clearly fake, smile on her face. "All those in favour of hiring Dakota Stanley?"

Her hand shot up, as did everyone elses. Finn's eyes searched the room, in disbelief, and only grew even more annoyed when Rachel's hand was raised, a smug smile on her face. Dylan hadn't made a move, her eyes lingering down to the tray of sugar cookies in Rachel's hands. Subconsciously, she licked her lips, but shook her head at the ideas popping into her head.

Maybe if she just quickly stole a few, Rachel wouldn't mind— shut up, Dylan.

"Hello! Earth to ghostly over there?"

Dylan blinked. Finally, she lifted her head from its position on the palm of her hand, where her arm had been sat on top of the piano, and she turned, seeing Santana sending her a pointed look, clearly growing impatient. "What?"

She had missed the nickname Santana had called her, but even if she had noticed she most likely would have dismissed it. Santana was prone to coming up with some basic, yet some absurdly creative names for her fellow students.

"Do you want to hire Dakota Stanley?" Santana rolled her eyes, dragging along her words out of clear boredom.

Dylan pursed her lips together. To be frank, she couldn't care less about Dakota Stanley. She didn't care enough about glee club, but Schuester did seem to be a pretty decent person. And she couldn't ignore the fact that he actually seemed to care about her outcome when he caught her stealing, which is a rarity in itself.

If she was going to be in this club now, much to her dismay, she was going to make decisions in her own favour.

"No. Schuester actually cares about this lame club, and so do all those losers. We all know you're all here because Ms. Sylvester feels threatened by those singing dorks," Dylan muttered, rolling her eyes as she dropped her head back into the palm of her hand.

Both Quinn and Santana scoffed, but didn't seem all that annoyed since they had still gotten what they wanted; they had enough votes to hire Dakota Stanley.

After that, everyone had left, all avoiding both Finn's and Dylan's eyes as they did so. Dylan obviously hadn't felt the annoyance Finn had. That was until Tina had walked by her, the gothic girl's eyes anywhere but in Dylan's direction. She let out a tired sigh, dropping her head and hitting it on the lid of the piano. She thought she was alone, she hoped she was alone, but she soon realised she wasn't when the person stood next to her cleared their throat.