05. sunflower cheers

─ ・ 。゚☆: *

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ─

CHAPTER FIVE:
SUNFLOWER CHEERS

The duo reached the spot that Gilbert had handpicked just for them and took a moment to let the beauty of the field sink in. The countless sunflowers brightened up the lush green grass and the sun was slowly setting, illuminating rays of golden softly onto Violet's face. Gilbert clung onto her soft, dainty hands as if he could never let go.

Violet was in heaven. She had never experienced a place with such pure beauty, it was always cityscapes galore in London. Not one place was completely isolated, but in Avonlea, she had found it. She had found beauty in solitude.

"Gilbert? Is this it?" She pursed her lips as her eyes widened in awe. The boy simply nodded and moved closer to her, her body shuddering in surprise. He was a magnet, pulling her in, and she had no rejection to that. He was warm, like her layers of blankets in London, protecting her from the cold.

"Are you cold?" He asked, playing with the loose ends of his cozy sweater. Violet didn't answer, only shivering slightly as a gust of wind kissed her cheek. "You're cold aren't you?" Gilbert chuckled, and took off his scarf, wrapping it around her. It smelt like him: sandalwood and cinnamon, warming her skin and calming her instantly.

"It's very beautiful here." Violet breathed out, looking down at the crystal clear water. "It really is.." Gilbert replied, now fully aware of their close proximity. She smelled like vanilla and freshly picked roses, taunting him because he knew he could never have her. "Maybe we should start with math?" Violet asked, and Gilbert nodded. The pair sat on the soft grass, on cloud nine, and started to solve the sums.

Violet knew that she would remember this forever.

─ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─

rewritten ✅

ELECTRICITY ━━ gilbert blytheOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara