› jaehyun.

requested › DoyoungsCafe

stubborn. one word you could perfectly describe jaehyun with.

many times you warned him to take care of himself.
many times you sat by hospital bed he laid in.
many times he repeated the same mistake.

you were cooking dinner when jaehyun came through the door, holding onto anything he could find on the way to the couch, he sat down in an odd way

noticing the big drops of sweat covering the pale skin of his forehead you rushed over to him to see what's wrong.

"jaehyun? babe are you okay?" - you kneeled down by jaehyun's side, rubbing the kitchen cloth to collect the sweat off of him.

"cold. it's so cold y/n" - he softly spoke with his eyes closed as he seemed to not even be able to keep them open.

"oh no, not again" - it took you nothing to get what was happening and you quickly took jaehyun's shoes and jacket off.

you laid him down on the couch and put the blanket over him before you got up to get the thermometer and wet cloth.

you put the cloth over his forehead and thermometer under his armpit, then took off his socks and soaked them in alcohol before putting them back on.

by the time you were done, the thermometer showed 38.9°C causing you to panic and you got up again and got him acetaminophen, "jaehyun? here drink this" - carefully, you gave it to him with water.

giving up on the dinner and simply knowing that this will help, you went in the kitchen and put water for soup on the stove and prepared ingredients.

soon, the chicken soup was done and you simply put it in a mug so it's easier for jaehyun to take it in.

on the couch, jaehyun was all in sweat and his cheeks started to get a little color now.

you helped him sit up and passed him the mug with the soup so he eats while you take his socks off and re-soak them in the alcohol so you can put them back on again.

jaehyun quickly finished the meal and by the time he ate all of the soup, his cheeks started to get rosy and his hands eventually stopped shaking.

you put the mug you took from him on the coffee table beside the couch sat down next to him, "do you feel any better baby?" - you took his hands in yours and intertwined them.

"a bit, the soup really helped. thank you y/n" - jaehyun spoke, his voice still soft from lack of strength in him.

"how did this happen jaehyun?" - you raised an eyebrow at him, counting what time is it that he's coming home unable to keep himself on his feet already.

"i don't know.... it was all fine, until about the last hour of the practice. i started to feel dizzy, but i didn't think too much about it, so i continued with practicing. it was the ride home when i felt the cold sweat take over me and my hands started to shake instantly. so i took a random chocolate bar i had in one of the jacket pockets since that's what usually helped when i felt like this." - jaehyun's he's was hanging low, guilt obviously present in his voice as he continued on.

"but this time it did nothing. so i hoped i would have enough strength until the end of the ride to keep myself awake, and thankfully i had." - his hand squeezed yours and he gave a hopeful, small smile.

"but look! i'm already getting better! please don't stress yourself too much because of me y/n, this really wasn't my intention." - apologetically, jaehyun looked in your eyes, and you knew you couldn't tell him anything on this, at least while he was in this state.

" - apologetically, jaehyun looked in your eyes, and you knew you couldn't tell him anything on this, at least while he was in this state

jaehyun moved to bedroom later, where you stayed up until 2am, checking his body temperature and re-soaking his socks in alcohol.

he was sound asleep the whole time except for the short periods you were waking him up to make sure he's well.

then when jaehyun's body temperature fell on 37.6°C you relaxed a bit and exhausted gave up and cuddled next to him after you woke him up for the last time.

he wrapped his arms around you and soon after, sleep took over both of you, leaving you knocked out unconscious cuddled in each other's arms.

y'all, soaking socks in alcohol can actually help you make body temperature fall so remember this :))