My Happy Ending

My Happy Ending

After the arrest of the Werec family, the quest was finished at last. The french police chief thanked the English police and Alfred, Jimmy and I for our help. *"Thanks to your help" he said "the Werec family will finally get what's coming to them"*. Then the french police left. Alfred, Jimmy and I thanked the priest for his help. "May God bless you three for the great things you have done" he said. Before Chip, Ray, Erwan, Annella and Joan left to go back to France, they thanked us too. *"We cannot thank you three enough for all of your help"* said Erwan. *"I hope that you and your family can finally live at ease," I said "now that your justice has been served. And I pray that Jacques, Adele, Russell and Elroy can live in peace in heaven."* Chip, Ray, Erwan, Annella and Joan shook hands with Jimmy, Alfred and I one last time, said goodbye to us and went home to France.

A lot of things happened since that day. After the french police took the Werec family back to France, they were in prison for three days then guillotined as punishment. Jimmy, Alfred and I received letters from Chip, Ray, Erwan, Annella and Joan a week later. Chip and Ray became the owners of their father's candy shop. Erwan, his mother and niece visited Adele's grave and told her that her Henry Werec was now in Hell. Annella and Joan did the same things at their brother's graves, but with Mary Werec. Mr Crewe and Richard Crewe moved to America to start their new lives; they suffered humiliation from that day and they never came back to England again. So the Crewe's manor and fortune now belonged to Alfred and Mrs Crewe moved back into the manor with him. As for Jimmy, well Jimmy got a lot of praise from his captain and the captain's first mate for his brave and smart deeds. In fact Jimmy was now given the chance to become a captain of his own ship. So Jimmy's dream came true at last.

As for me, I got the biggest surprise of my life. A week after Alfred inherited the Crewe manor; he came to pay me a visit. He told me that he and his mother had lost contact with Mr Crewe and Richard Crewe. "We were never connected anyway," he said "and mother and I believe that we will never hear from them or see them again. But the reason I'm here is this". He presented to me a velvet box and inside the box was a ring. "I am here to ask you to become my wife". I was surprised but of course my answer was yes. Alfred hugged and kissed me. When we told Mr and Mrs Stowner the news they were happy for me. But before Mr Stowner gave us his blessings he had something to say. "Before I give you my daughter," he said "you must promise to love and protect her always". "Don't worry sir," said Alfred "I will always take care of Amelia. I love her". "Then I give you my blessings" Mr Stowner smiled.

Our wedding day was the happiest day of our lives. We got married at the church, which was near my home, in the middle of autumn. I was wearing a wedding dress, which was white as snow, my real mother's necklace and the silver hair pin. Mr and Mrs Stowner and Mrs Crewe fussed over us like mad and my elder brothers and sisters-in-law were really happy for me. Not only was my whole family there, but my old friends from the orphanage too. Jessica, Molly and Tessa had both gotten adopted by different families and were living happy lives. They also told me that they were going to get married soon too. I was happy for my old friends that they had ended up with new happy lives, just like I had.

Alfred and I have been married for ten years now and we still live happily with each other. We are also the mother and father of five children; three sons and two daughters. Our sons are called William, Edmund and Peter and our daughters are called Diana and Jane. Mrs Crewe is happy to be a grandmother and she spends hours with our children. My elder brothers Ben and Edward and their wives had children too. Ben and Kelly have two children, both of them boys and are expecting a third child soon. Edward and Anne have two children, a son and daughter. Jimmy had ended up married too; to a woman named Eliza and they are now expecting their first child. I was surprised by that; I never thought that Jimmy wanted to get married and settled down because he was an adventuring type. But his love for Eliza changed his mind about marriage. Eliza was a bit of a shy girl, but very kind.

I am happy, because I have a husband who would love me forever and I love my sons and daughters very much. I felt that I had a real family at last. As for Alfred he treats both me and our children fairly and lovingly; he has no intention of treating any of us terribly like his father and brother treated him and Mrs Crewe terribly. I still visit my mother's and Aunt Millie's grave and I tell them everything that has been going on in my life. In my heart I know that both my mother and aunt are still watching me from heaven always.

It's true that my life was tragic at the beginning, because of the deaths of my mother and Aunt Millie, but thanks to the love I've received from my adopted family and my new family, I now know that the rest of my life will be happy, no matter what fate throws at me. And all I have to say now is this; "Fate is both kind and unkind. We do not know where it will lead us. But as long as we continue walking down the path towards our future, we are sure to find the life that we have been searching for. God plans it that way. Amen".

Author's note; I hope you've enjoyed my story of Amelia Hayler. Please vote and comment my story.