Chapter Thirty-Nine///Hogs Head

As days went on Angelina has found new beaters and to Dylan's delite Ginny was the new seeker. It wasn't good for Harry but she was excited to see her play. Playing didn't feel the same anymore, she almost felt guilty now that Harry and the twins couldn't play. 

Dylan is still crazy about her studies and spent a lot of time with Hermione in the Library. During their last study session Hermione was telling Dylan all about the Defense group Harry, Ron and her are starting. Apparently they want to take DADA lessons into their own hands. Umbridge is a sucky teacher but Dylan didn't want to risk getting in trouble. Hermione wanted Dylan to come and join this group, have another voice in the matter.

"But I don't need defense lesson's Hermione" Dylan said, during a study session in the library. "I have extra powers for that"

"Just come to the Hogs Head this weekend and see for yourself, please?" she asked "Fred and George are going and Harry really wants you to be there"

"Fine, I am doing this for Harry though" Dylan said "honestly this may be a bad decision"

That weekend Dylan set out to the Hogs Head with Fred and George. When they got there they found Ron, Harry and Hermione already at a table and the three of them went and took a seat and got themselves some butterbeers. Dylan really didn't think this was a good idea.

Before the three went to the Three Broomstick they stopped at Zonko's. Because the twins were upset Dylan didn't go with them last time. Over time many people were walking through the doors for the meeting. There was a lot more then expected.

"As we all know we are not getting the best education in Defence Against the Dark Arts. We have come up with the idea that Harry will help us defend ourselves against Vold-Voldemort" Hermione said. People seem to be whispering amongst themselves. About the idea and the fact that she said Voldemort.

"Is it true," interrupted the girl with the long plait down her back, looking at Harry, "that you can produce a Patronus?"

There was a murmur of interest around the group at this. It was a difficult spell and for someone his age to do it is very impressive.

"Yeah," said Harry slightly defensively.

"A corporeal Patronus?"

"Er - you don't know Madam Bones, do you?" he asked. The girl smiled. "She used those words during my trial"

"She's my auntie," she said. "I'm Susan Bones. She told me about your hearing. So - is it really true? You make a stag Patronus?"

"Yes," said Harry.

"Blimey, Harry!" said Lee, looking deeply impressed. "I never knew that!"

"Mum told Ron not to spread it around," said Fred, grinning at Harry. "She said you got enough attention as it was."

"She's not wrong there," mumbled Harry, and a couple of people laughed. Dylan gave a soft smile.

"And did you kill a Basilisk with that sword in Dumbledore's office?" demanded Terry Boot. "That's what one of the portraits on the wall told me when I was in there last year"

"Er, yeah, I did, yeah," said Harry.

Justin Finch-Fletchley whistled; the Creevey brothers exchanged awestruck looks and Lavender Brown said 'Wow!' softly.

Dylan couldn't tell if Harry was embarrassed or was loving the attention. She also noticed he kept making eye contact with Cho Chang. But deep down she knew doing this was not going to end well. Plus does Harry know how to teach a bunch of moody teenagers. Dylan was proud though that he was taking actions into his own hands.

"And in our first year," said Neville to the group at large, "he saved that Philogical Stone"

"Philosopher's," hissed Hermione.

"Yes, that - from You-Know-Who," finished Neville.

Hannah Abbot's eyes were as round as Galleons.

"And that's not to mention," said Cho "all the tasks he had to get through in the Triwizard Tournament last year - getting past dragons and merpeople and Acromantula and things"

There was a murmur of impressed agreement around the table. Dylan's insides were squirming, she knew the Order was going to ask how Harry is doing, what is she going to do tell them he is starting a defence group that could over through Umbridge.

"Look," he said, and everyone fell silent at once, "I ... I don't want to sound like I'm trying to be modest or anything, but ... I had a lot of help with all that stuff ... "

"Not with the dragon, you didn't," said Michael Corner at once. "That was a seriously cool bit of flying ..."

"Yeah, well -" said Harry, feeling it would be churlish to disagree.

"And nobody helped you get rid of those Dementors this summer," said Susan Bones.

"No," said Harry, "no, OK, I know I did bits of it without help, but the point I'm trying to make is"

"Are you trying to weasel out of showing us any of this stuff?" said Zacharias Smith.

"Here's an idea," said Ron loudly, before Harry could speak, "why don't you shut your mouth?" Dylan couldn't help but laugh

Perhaps the word 'weasel' had affected Ron particularly strongly. In any case, he was now looking at Zacharias as though he would like nothing better than to thump him. Zacharias flushed.

"Well, we've all turned up to learn from him and now he's telling us he can't really do any of it," he said.

"That's not what he said," snarled Fred and Dylan reached down to hold his hand to calm him down.

"Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?" enquired George, pulling a long and lethal-looking metal instrument from inside one of the Zonko's bags.

"Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this," said Fred. At this Dylan nudged her elbow in his ribs as a signal to shut up.

As the meeting concluded Dylan signed her name on a piece of paper. She needed to keep an eye on Harry, make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble. Harry also really wanted Dylan to be there. After the meeting Dylan and the twins went back up to the castle for dinner.