KILLS AND KISSES

welcome to ... KILLING CURSE!

if i could do girlhood again, i'd ask to be scarier. less whimpering - more pyromaniac urges, more flirting with kerosene.
SALLY WEN MAO

HEY LITTLE SISTER, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, Leona Jordan isn't as horrible as everybody seems to think! (Although she will kill you if you call her that.)

Sure, she hates people - come off it, who doesn't - and older brothers, and cocky Gryffindors, and older brothers who happen to be cocky Gryffindors. Plus all Defence Against the Dark Arts professors since the dawn of time, Hogwarts' appalling lack of heating, and, of course, the patriarchy.

Oh, and did she mention her older brother?

OK, OK, fine; Leo will admit, yes, this makes her sound like the most hostile person ever to exist - and then some. But with the entire student body adoring her older brother, and even her parents so far up Lee's arse they haven't given Leo a second glance in years, can you really blame her?

(Seriously. What sort of shitty parents name their only daughter after their favourite son? None of it is fucking fair whatsoever.)

If you think Leo is even the tiniest bit similar to Lee, you are utterly fucking wrong. She's not funny, nor is she particularly likeable, and sweet? Ha, give her a break! What Leo is, is clever, almost frighteningly so, because if the only way to prove to the school of shitheads that she isn't just 'Baby Jordan' is to terrorise them with intellect - well, so be it!

She would rather drink a centaur's piss than spend the rest of her life in Lee Jordan's shadow. He's annoying, and an arsehole, and the cockiest-Gryffindor-older-brother ever imaginable. If you can't tell, Leo hates him to Pluto and back.

So this is why, when she's approached by magnificent giantess Madam Maxime (who, by the way, is fooling nobody), who's heard about her twelve perfect OWLs and is practically begging for her to help her Champion embrace eternal glory, Leo accepts. Not out of the goodness in her heart (because there isn't any), not because of inter-school unity, blah blah blah, or whatever shit Flitwick's preaching, and certainly not because she cares about the Champion. (To be frank, Leo thinks all the Champions are conceited, self-centred wankers who need to take their egos down a notch. Or, better still, a billion notches.)

No, Leo agrees to help Fleur Delacour because she knows it is going to piss her cocky-Gryffindor-older-brother off absolutely royally. Besides, it's high time she shook off that horrendous nickname 'Baby Jordan' once and for all!