Aizawa-sensei and Bakugou Katsuki

Bakugo understands more than anyone what he's done to deku. Why he comes to class so late, why he doesn't answer his texts or his calls or talk about anything that has to do with the blond. It hurts. Like a sucker punch to the stomach hurts. He suffocates every night thinking
about it, he has flashbacks to the sickening green that belonged to the slime villain, so different from the viridian green eyes that held everlasting happiness, directed towards him.

Bakugo doesn't even think he's been this self aware, ever. He's been cruel, yes, but Mina Kaminari, Kirishima and Jirou have been there. And deku, deku's been there through it all. Since they where babies, fuck he's been there for his first words, when Bakugou practically clung to Izuku.

He remembers his mom's stories, about how Izuku's first word was his name but since he couldn't pronounce the ending words he ended up with Kat, and Katsuki called him Izu. Simple, three words, they were blind to the indecencies of the world and were just best friends.

They held each other's hands and had fake marriages with ring pops and suits that they wore to each other's birthdays. They were held under the fake altars that his Mom would decorate with flowers and ribbons—it was the kitchen door, but they didn't need to know that—they kissed each other on the cheeks and hugged and then wore the jewelry that they'd take down from the altar.

They'd eat cake and laugh and things would be simple. Then Izu would spend the night and they'd sleep in the same bed and cuddle all night. What katsuki would give to do that with him again, every night, tell Izuku how sorry he was, apologize for his brash attitude and the physical and mental abuse. He would apologize with the blood from his hands if he had the guts to
cut them off. Hell he used to wish that his own explosions, if he blasted hard enough, it'd at least blow off his hand, or compare to the pain he inflicted on Deku when they were juniors.

It only took a couple of months too long to figure out that nothing could compare to being betrayed by his one and only friend and then be beat up by that same friend. He sees Deku's flinch when Ururaka even slightly raises her hand or Iida does the stupid ass choppy thing with his arms. When noises or people become too loud or something pokes him, how he jumps like a frightened cat.

Katsuki is at a loss for what is happening in front of him. The absolute abuse that he's put Deku through and yet that dim dim light in his eyes that still shines like there's no tomorrow when looking towards Bakugou never fades. He flinched when Todoroki went to hug him but didn't when Todoroki brutally attacked him with frostbite, or when he snapped his arms like a twig.

A lump, big, forms in the back of his throat and he can't swallow it down, his lips tremble and he holds his tears back as he slides Aizawa-sensei's door open and walks in before sliding it back. He's here for advice, not to spill his whole life story, he's here to help Deku, not get himself in trouble.

"You've noticed him to then?" and that's far from what Katsuki thinks his teacher is going to say. Aizawa pushes some tissues forward and gets up out of his chair. Because he has noticed, even if Izuku is inhumanly good at hiding, Katsuki sees it. So the dam breaks because Katsuki wants to believe that he'll be okay with his teacher, he'll be okay spilling everything that he's done and why Izuku acts like that around everyone, because he knows and only he knows.

Because Katsuki isn't here to just talk, he's here to cry and actually get help because Izuku won't, because Izuku told him. And he'll listen, he'll listen just this once. Because he's sorry, he's so sorry, because he's here for advice, he's here for Deku, and he's here for more. He's here because he's a child with too much emotional trauma, he's here because he wants to lay with Izuku, he's here because he wants to rebuild that certain bridge with Izuku and he wants his support.

Aizawa, who's already up out of his chair, coaxes Katsuki, and he finds himself in a warm embrace, arms wrapped around him, strong and warm. His tears stain the black shirt as he clings to the back of it. His fists tangled into the fabric. The soft soft black shirt he clings onto when his legs buckle from underneath him and the memories, the memories that resurfaced in his dreams tell him that he doesn't deserve this. That deku should be the one who gets this because he needs this. Katsuki can, needs, to be an afterthought.

Aizawa distributes his weight perfectly as they come crashing down on the wooden floor. They sit there as Bakugou sobs. His ears are deaf to the shushing and reassurance, filled with cotton. He's oblivious to his sniffles and his head is light headed. He's woozy and in that moment his hands untangle out of the fabric, he wipes his tears as Aizawa gives him some tissue from his nearby desk, ignoring the obviously big wet spot that adorns his already black shirt. And Aizawa doesn't ask anything, comfortable in the silence that floats around the classroom. He sits on the floor, criss cross as he waits for Bakugou. He's patient and tolerant as he waits for Katsuki to gain his bearings.

After a couple of minutes Katsuki looks at Aizawa with honest eyes, red and black meeting each other as Aizawa leans on the back of his desk, sighing because he thinks he cares too much about his kids. Katsuki's mouth is put into a shaky line as he opens his mouth, only to close it again. A fish without air until he finally comes back with words.

"Aizawa-sensei..." and Aizawa looks up instead of looking at the ceiling because right now Bakugou needs his full attention, needs to be analyzed and get his emotions in check. "I-" And the words get stuck in his throat before he begins again. "Aizawa-sensei, I need anger management counseling." And oh that's definitely not what he thought Bakugou would say.