Prologue - Reset Time

Author Note (AN): Hello readers! This is my second fanfic on Nagisa x Kaede. Hope you all enjoy it! Important notes at the end of this part!

In the dark, standing under the heavy rain, a blue-hair man, whom if the truth was not told, everyone would call him a 16-year-old teenage boy because of his height and his young face, has his face down, looking at the ground. Two streams of water are running on his cheeks. They are not from the rain but actually his tears. He can feel it, even someone standing five meters away from him can still distinguish between the two.

In front of him, two particular serpentine-shape stones lay on the ground. They are the gravestones of someone, someone that he dearly loves forever in his life. He would do anything he could to protect them. He can even give up his life without hesitation for the sake of their lives.

But what is in front of him is showing the opposite. He could not protect them, and now they are leaving him behind forever. He feels that he is useless. It is the feeling that he has not had for a long time since he was in that class, the class where his life has changed forever. It was the place where his great teacher had made his life which he used to wander in the dark shining again, where he himself found out the true purposes of his life, and most importantly where he found his true love.

And now, the images of his love dying in front of him and him unable to do anything to protect her, to save her keep going back. What had happened 10 years ago and yesterday's incident are now eating his mind. "AWWWWWWW." He lets out a scream while his hands are pulling his wet hair, completely ignoring the surroundings. He still cannot accept the truth, the sight that is laying in front of him.

After an hour standing soullessly under the rain, the 25-year-old man decides to move closer to the two gravestones, knees down and wraps his two arms around the two stones. He remembers the last moment the three of them being together. It was just yesterday, just like every normal happy day between them.

It was a fateful afternoon. In a hospital, a young female figure, not too high, with long brown hair around her waist and amber-pupil eyes hidden behind black sunglasses wearing a yellow dress just came out from the doctor's office. She definitely was in her disguise so that no one would recognize her. Everyone else in the hospital could see her belly is big enough to tell for sure that she was pregnant.

Outside the office, sitting on a long chair meant specifically for people who were waiting was a young man with blue hair and blue-pupil eyes. He was very nervous waiting for the girl and her results.

"Hey anata, why are you looking so worried?" The girl was now in front of the young man whose mind was clearly somewhere else.

"Huh, ah Akari." He got himself back to reality and quickly jumped towards the girl who was having a piece of paper in her hands. "So how was the check? Are you and Naoki fine? Is there anything abnormal?"

"We're fine, Nagisa. Don't be so nervous like that." Akari smiled at him, feeling delighted that he was worried about her and their son. She gave him the paper in her hands. It was the report of her pregnancy check.

"You already knew that I'm very nervous and so worried because it's my first time that I become a father." Nagisa replied while scratching the back of his head, feeling a little bit awkward. He then looked at the report and nodded at the result. "But I'm glad that both of you are fine."

"I know and I'm really happy about it." She answered and gave her beloved husband a quick hug. When she released her hug, she took a small picture of black and white out of her handbag. "But anyway, here is another picture of our son, if you really want to see it." She was waving the picture in front of him, more like teasing him.