To the lady of wisdom

A beautiful letter to Mata Saraswati by DrKanu

Tridevis

The holy trinity of Indian goddesses whithout whom, the Tridevs are incomplete. The tridevs and the tridevis are the ones who make up the whole universe as well as a single particle of soil.
Whenever we hear the name of tridevis, we immediately say Mata Parvati and Mata Lakshmi. Mata Parvati is Adi Parashakti, the ultimate power. Mata Lakshmi is the goddess of wealth and prosperity.

But we often forget the third Mahadevi i.e. Mata Saraswati.

We often talk about Shri Krishna's melodious flute but we forget that you are the one who is the music of that flute. Whenever we think about dance, we remember natraj avatar of mahadev but forget that you are tol the goddess of arts. We love to read books, but forget that you are the one giving us that power. We are told to respect books but no one tells us that books are you. We forget you on the most important events but remember you only when we don't study for exams.
We remember you only because of our selfishness. Yet you give us the power to read, you provide us wisdom.

We read about devi devtas but forget that you are the one because of whom we are getting to know about them. We praise shakuni fo his wisdom but forget you are the one who provided them that. We praise people for their art but forget you are the reason behind that art.

Whenever there is a bride's entry in her home and the house becomes more prosperous, we say that she is Lakshmi herself.

When a girl sets an example by being powerful, we say she's Durga maa herself.

But whenever a girl is full of wisdom, brilliant in arts and academics, we never say she's Saraswati maa herself. There are only a few people who say that she has 'BLESSINGS' of Mata Saraswati. But not she is herself mata Saraswati like we do for Mata Parvati and Mata Lakshmi.

You are always misunderstood. Always questioned upon about your relation with Brahma dev. Many people say, ' Did Brahma dev marry his daughter?'. You are misunderstood maa. And maybe this is what makes you different.

We selfish people only remember you when we are on the verge of failing.

I am no one to blame people as I'm also one of them. I sincerely apologize for the negligence that I showed towards you.
Though an apology is not sufficient but I wish that you accept it as you are one of the kindest and compassionate one. And moreover, a mother and I've heard mothers always forgive their child's biggest crime too.

Love you Maa Saraswati