twenty nine

"In all my long years-" "Billie, you're eighteen-" 

"I have never, ever, seen such appalling behaviour, Niklaus. You should be ashamed of yourself." Billie stood, a hip jutted out and a hand laying atop it, sunglasses perched loosely between her fingers. 

In all honesty, she'd had a pretty fun night. Billie had attended a funeral, reconnected with Damon and convinced Elena to let loose and try a little hash. All in all, a moderate success of an evening.

So when she finally arrived at her quiet, dark apartment, discarded dimmers on the floor, ready to collapse into a coma on Tony the slightly stinky couch, Billie was more than disgruntled when a nauseating white light invaded her vision, coaxing her towards a certain blonde vampire's number.

When she finally convinced herself it was probably for a good reason, Billie had sat and talked with Caroline for almost half an hour, only to discover that the hybrid before her had the girl almost fatally bitten.

"I think you should go hom-" 

"And on her birthday? What the hell is wrong with you? What's more, you didn't even have the balls to do it yourself, so you got Tyler to! Her boyfriend! You are one sick son of a bitch, you know that." Billie huffed out angrily, fingers shaking a little as she got a sudden urge for that familiar burning sensation down her throat.

Later. Don't get distracted Billie.

"Yes I've been told so numerous times, most of them by you." The hybrid sassed her with a careless sounding voice, but she could not gauge his expression as he swiftly turned away from her, walking leisurely up the steps of his newly constructed mansion and away from the parlour. 

"I'm waiting patiently for the day you take it to heart." Billie threw her words at him like daggers, but like most things he had thrown at him, Klaus didn't seem to care all that much. She rolled her eyes tiredly at his behaviour, eyes subconsciously scanning the room for something she didn't know she was looking for until she found it.

She quickly walked towards the table holding a bottle of eloquent looking amber liquid, fluidly uncorking the decanter and grabbing a glass. But when she moved to pour herself an ounce, a hand suddenly appeared over hers, stopping the familiar movement.

Harper grind her teeth together with frustration. She wasn't in the mood for this, she just wanted a drink. Her temper was waning as she looked up to the hybrid, expecting to find that same cocky smirk over his full lips.

Only, it surprised her a bit to find instead, his furrowed brows and a strange look in his messy blue orbs. "Klaus." She did not bother letting out more words. Billie never enjoyed getting angry, it made her so unhappy, so guilty. She was good at reining herself in most of the time, but she could feel it inside that tonight was not one of those times.

She just wanted a goddamn drink.

"I think you've had enough for tonight, love." He easily took the drink from her, laying it back on the polished wooden table before wedging himself between her and it, no regard to their proximity as Billie refused to back away in concession.

Billie tried a little sarcastic smile, clenching her fists even tighter, to the point the skin in her palm felt near break from the pressure of her nails. "Why do you care, love. It can't be concern, you wouldn't know what it's like to care about anything but yourself." 

As soon as she said it, Billie widened her eyes slightly, hoping it went unnoticed, but knowing it could never have with who she stood before. She needed to calm down, all this over a nightcap? She was better than that.