One

(this chapter takes place during season 2 episode 9, I don't remember much about this episode so please bare with me)

JJ's point of view:

"Yes ma'am, yes... Of course..." I end the phone call with the St. Louis police department. A series of murders have been occurring in the city.

It's late, and I was sitting on the couch watching tv in my apartment when I got the call. I took some notes on a notepad about the murders. I immediately look through the emails and pictures I was sent to prepare the briefing.

I plan to call Hotch in the morning, decided to leave him a nice night with Haley and Jack. I double check to make sure I have all the info I need.

After that, I decide not to press play on the tv and just go to bed since I'll be up bright and early in the morning. I'm already in my pjs, so I just brush my teeth and tie my blonde hair out of my face.

It takes me a while to fall asleep, images of case files snd murder victims consuming my brain. You'd think I'd be used to this by now, I've been at the BAU for a few years. But I'll never get used to seeing helpless bodies every day.

Just, as it seems, I finally fall asleep, my alarm screams at me to wake up. It's a lovely time of 5:30 in the morning. I took a shower last night, so I just get ready in light pink button up, dark pants, and a black slim-fitting blazer paired with black short heeled heels. I straighten my hair and put on light makeup before heading out the door.

It's almost 7 by the time I get to headquarters. I step into the elevator and press the 6th floor. When I step into the bullpen, I see Hotch is already in his office. That man never sleeps, does he? I take the short steps to my office and begin preparing the files and slide show. I'd called Hotch earlier this morning before getting ready so he knows about the case.

Everyone has already rolled into the office by the time I've prepared everything and went over the case with Hotch.

I head back down to the bullpen as Hotch leaves my office. It's so weird without Elle here. She's been gone for a couple weeks now, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it. She wasn't only a team member, but my friend too. I head to the coffee machine for a refill, then to my friends. I say hey to Spence and Morgan, Gideon, and Garcia (before she heads back to her lair). We talk for a bit, and Spencer spits out some random information. I don't mind when he does this, just as his best friend, he's fun to tease.

Hotch comes out of his office with a stern, "Briefing room, 3 minutes." He gives a nod before heading to get a cup of coffee.

Hotch and I brief the rest of the team, each of them giving their own insights as we do so. We look at the pictures together and try to analyze as much as we can with what we have so far.

"Wheels up in 30," our boss says as the briefing ends. I collect the files then head back to the bullpen to mingle with my coworkers.

My go bag is already ready to go in case they need me to travel with them, which I'm hoping they do. As much as I love staying here with Garcia, sometimes she worries me.

"Who's that?" Spencer nudges my side, pointing to a woman going into Hotch's office. Her raven hair is soft and straightened. She holds herself with pride and confidence. Seriously, who is that?

"Not sure," I say, still looking.

The tension is high and mighty on this jet. Gideon and Hotch don't seem to be fond of this new agent. Emily Prentiss is her name. Spencer told me they're suspicious of her because her parents are high-powered diplomats. I guess they think she got the job due to nepotism.

I introduced myself after the lovely and flirty Derek Morgan. "Ignore him," I said, rolling my eyes. "Agent Jareau, JJ. Nice to meet you." Her handshake was firm.

"Emily Prentiss, glad to be working with you guys."

"This is Dr Spencer Reid," I gesture to Spence beside me who gives a little wave, "Garcia is around here somewhere, and I suppose you've already met Gideon and Hotch."

She looked slightly uncomfortable for a moment. "Yes," she answered.

I look up from the file for a second. Emily's, who sits across from me next to Morgan, eyes are on Hotch as he speaks more about the case. This woman is gorgeous. She seems very professional as well.

I avert my gaze back to the case file at hand, literally.

830 words:) yayy! chapter one is up! I thought I'd have a hard time writing this, but I don't think I did too bad!