Three

want y'all to know that it's been a hot minutes since i've seen season 2, I will be making this my own.

Our new agent Emily Prentiss is trying her hardest to win over our bosses with her intelligence, charm, and work ethic. I'm not entirely sure if it's working on them, but it happens to be working on the rest of us.

Gideon, Reid, and Emily are on a jet to Guantanamo Bay to interrogate the leader of a terror sleeper cell right now. I'm staying with Garcia in her little dungeon to be ready to answer any request or calls from Gideon or anyone else.

I know they weren't happy to take Emily instead of one of us, but she's the only agent fluent in arabic. I think she speaks like six languages which is super freaking impressive. Spencer can understand many languages too, but I'm used to how smart he is.

My phone rings as I'm on my way back to Garcia's office. "Agent Jareau," I answer.

_____
Wow. Derek just almost blew up. My heart and mind is racing a mile a minute. Me and Penelope sit in shock in her lair as we wait for the rest of the team to get back.

Morgan gets back first, and we give him a hug. I normally wouldn't, but he scared the living shit out of me with that explosion thing.

Spencer, Emily, and Gideon arrive back a few hours after. Hotch tells us all to go home, and that we can do the paperwork later. It's been a weird and long day.

"Hey, Prentiss," I say when we're headed out.

She faces me. "Yes?"

"Would you like to go out for a drink?"

"Yeah, sure. Let's go."

I smile and head to your car. I meet her at the bar a few miles from headquarters.

"So how are you liking the BAU?"

"It's... pretty good. I'm excited to be here, but it's just..."

"Hotch and Gideon will come around."

She nods her head, making a line with her lips. "You guys just seem like such a tight knit group. I don't want to interfere. I'm just here to do my job."

"We are, but actually, I think you make a great asset to the team. You seem like a great person."

"Well thank you, at least someone thinks so," she says with a chuckle, taking a sip of her drink.

The two of us talk for a while; a bit about college and some old jobs, she doesn't give a whole lot of information, but I didn't expect her to.

We call it a night around eleven. Both of us only had one drink, so we drive our separate ways to our places.

This day has been crazy. I strip out of my work clothes, and slip into some silk pink shorts and a white tanktop. I tie my blonde hair back into a ponytail while I wash off my makeup.

I wish Gideon and Hotch would chill with Emily. I understand their concern, but I'm pretty certain she has proved herself.

I plop into bed, and try to sleep.

_____
Spencer is on edge when he comes into the bullpen today. I hear him talk to Hotch about the guy he met, or boy rather. He even drew a sketch of him, freaking eidetic memory.

"DC might have a serial killer... and I think I just let him get away."

I present the case of dead prostitutes showing up in alleys near DC. After everyone gives in their two cents, Hotch tells us we will be leaving in twenty. We're taking suvs since we'll only be traveling about fifty minutes.

"Are you sure about this kid?"

"There was something wrong with him, JJ," Spencer tells me.

I nod my head, "Okay."

___
Spencer's pretty shaken up about the whole Nathan Harris thing. Rightfully so. Spencer saved his life, but he didn't want to live. The kid was sick, but he didn't kill those women.

I feel bad for Spence. He cared for this kid, and he hated Reid for saving his life. All he ever wants is to help people.

i hate with a passion how short this is, but i just wanted to get something out there. i promise i have more of a plot coming hahaha