10 - Lunatum

The visions of the dark, skeletal, bleeding trees still haunt my mind; of the howling crows, distant mocking cackles, and the overwhelming darkness that embraced me tightly. The air was filled with a hint of acidic poison, making it hard to breathe, like claws clutching tightly on my organs.

It was only for a moment, a flash, yet it felt like an eternity, so stretched of a certain time filled with bitter punishment.

The memories become sharper every time I try to forget about it, leaving me with no choice but to see it through. It sent shivers down my spine and small bumps had formed on my arms.

With the dark maroon sky and thick smoky clouds looming over the secluded forest, I thought the apocalypse was about to begin. The strong smell of metallic blood and foul stench of decaying flesh induced my insides to twist.

It felt awfully and oddly weird, as if I was stranded in the middle of the unknown forest, alone.

The sound of dried leaves crinkled and cracked loudly, like bones being snapped into a bent angle, disintegrating at the slightest touch. The mocking laughter and desperate screams sounded terrible. 

There was no mercy present in the forest. Even if there is, it wouldn't be justice enough.

I remember in that short time alone, of being so helpless, I was stuck rooted in that one spot; visibly trapped to witness torture. 

Invisible rough hands gripped tightly around my ankles, their sharp nails almost sinking through my skin. Flaky skin shed in a swift movement.

I couldn't scream.

I couldn't cry out for help.

My voice was gone, somehow taken away by force.

I felt my own sweat trickle around my body, of how the silk material stuck heavily on my back. Something leeched on my back, draining the soul out of me.

I don't understand the significance behind the vision, let alone what message was being conveyed to me.

All I needed was help. All I wanted was a miracle from that desolate and despairing forest. It clung onto me, contemptuous towards my weakness and—

A gentle touch wakes me up from my deep ponder.

Immediately, I open my eyes to glance at the full-body mirror in front of me. My face and my surroundings were blurry at first until they formed their features. The necklace that belonged to SeokJin's late mother rests around my nape. The pendant stands out a lot compared to my exhausted appearance. 

A valuable pendant like this has a huge statement.

SeokJin appears in the mirror's reflection, concern evident on his face.

Both of his palms rest on my shoulders. His fingers grip lightly into my shoulders. Somehow, they are comforting and warm despite his cold body temperature.

"You seem troubled. Is there anything you'd like to share with me?" he asks.

I want to, is what I needed my mouth to say. Instead, silence overtakes me, as if my lips are sealed in secrecy of the poignant vision.

A lot has happened and I am unsure if this is a normal amount for a human to reciprocate.

I breathe out rather heavily and swallow the lump in my throat. I wouldn't want him to worry now. It's best if I ask SeokJin about it later, especially when I can think straight.

"Hm ..." I managed.

However, I can't seem to form the words in my mouth. I can't nod my head in reassurance. The visions have held a tight grasp on me, rendering me speechless countless times. It is a nightmare that I have to look through.