· Cabin made of yellow wood ·

New Camera; New start

A lavender Polaroid, an older looking one, sat in your delicate hands, as you admired it before your mirror. You stood there staring at the reflection of yourself and the empty wall behind you. Hundreds of pictures used to be displayed on that bright wall, but now they were safely tucked away in a scrap book of last autumn's collection. It was time for new pictures, meaning a new start; And maybe, just maybe, you hoped to find a calling to something other than your camera. If there even were such a thing.

In your eyes, your cameras were your best friend, but you always found yourself hiding behind them. You got a new one every 2-3 years, and you had just gotten a Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera, that would really help out with the quality of your pictures this year. And to your surprise, it even got you a job at a camp you used to go to back when you were in middle school, as a counselor and the The Scrapbook Photographer. For a week, you were allowed to go to a sleep-away camp with some of your classmates, but now you were a counselor for the third year in a row. Being one definitely didn't excite you; Spending your break with kids was the last thing you wanted to do, and frankly had always been out of your comfort zone, but-

"Y/N! Get that uniform on and go before you're late!"

But, it was a 'good opportunity', or so your mom says. You were always being rushed, or maybe you were just always running late. It was all the same to you.
You took one last look at your reflection and your wall before existing your room and finding yourself in the kitchen. "Where the hell is your counselor shirt? We really don't have all day for you to get a damn shirt on," your mother cursed at you and you chuckled lowly, avoiding eye contact and grabbing your suitcase that was tucked away in a corner and a banana from the fruit bowl.
"We get the shirts at camp this year. Thought I told you," you replied, grabbing a piece of toast from the toaster and a yogurt from the fridge. Your mom wasn't exactly a morning person, and neither were you, but today you were just in a better mood.
"Alright then. You can drive yourself. I'm taking my ass back to sleep. Have fun and text me if there's any reception this year," Your mom shuffled back to her own room and left you at the front door.
"Alright! Love you! See you in a few weeks!" You made your way to your car quickly because the cold air felt like it was biting your skin.
"Welp," you stated aloud in your car. "Let's get this show on the road. Let's pray we don't almost die this year!" The car roared as you left your driveway and began your journey up to the mountains where Camp Ophiuchus awaited.

_______________________
CAMP COUNSELORS
-Cabin made of yellow wood-
________________________

You expected no traffic but of course, there was some. October was just coming to a close and fall was just the most beautiful time to go to the mountains in this area.
You found yourself in a bit of a traffic jam but didn't mind because you were early and you had your music to get you through. Now let's be frank, your road rage was one of the worst. For someone as quiet as you, when someone on the road wasn't driving to your liking, you became a dangerous beast ready to attack and maybe catch a case.

You were perfectly fine until a certain blonde haired man wanted to try to cut into your lane; of course, you took this a serious offense. The sound of your horn rang throughout the mountain tops so loud, you could've started an avalanche or something. The man yelled out of his window to "chill out" and you just had to scream back.
"Suck my 40 inch- and find your own damn lane!"
You finished the immature fight with your middle finger, sticking out from your fist. The man surrendered and you took it upon yourself to congratulate yourself on your "win". The rest of the trip was smoother and you got to the camp site quicker than expected. You saw the wooden sign up ahead, stating the camp's name is bold letters and you frowned, preparing for the boring counselor meeting that was up ahead.

You approached the concrete stairs that traveled up to the main building called the Sun Hall, which held the cafeteria, counselors headquarters, the office, and a gift shop, and you started climbing.

"Morning everyone," you walked in seeing most of all of the counselors from last year and a few new ones. They greeted you and a few of your friends waved at you and then waved you over to where they were sitting. Most of everyone had a cup of coffee in their hands, and you decided to take it upon yourself to head the coffee maker.
"Morning, Y/n. The meeting will start in a few- we're waiting on a couple more to get here and then you'll get your groups for this week. Kids will be here in a few hours," the director of the camp, Madeline Candles, announced. Madeline was a good director, a bit too serious, but she did her job well.

You sat down with your friends Charlie and Diane. You met Charles last year and Diane the year before and you all immediately clicked. Charlie was tall, his skin was tanned, and he had curly auburn brown hair. Diane, short for Diana, was a few inches taller than you and always kept a clipboard in hand. She had hazel eyes and dark loose curls. You had three other friends in that group who hadn't arrived yet named Damien, Carter, and Emery. They'd get here soon enough.

The meeting began, and soon after and you all were dismissed to go check out your cabins. You had the cabin second closest to the Sun hall. You snapped a picture of it with your camera, then looked around for whoever your cabin neighbor was because you wanted to make a good first impression. Every year, everyone got a different cabin, each named after an an animal in which you got the Bear Cabin, and you hoped yours would be next door to your friends, since each cabin was somewhat connected to its neighboring cabin.
But instead, you found yourself staring at a blonde man with honey eyes you recognized from somewhere.

"Hey there. Name's Keigo. I'm head of the Hawk Cabin," he introduced himself and the picture suddenly began to focus; like REALLY focus.
"I meant to say this earlier this morning, but I didn't get the chance because you were too busy flipping me off," Oh shit. Keigo flipped his floppy hair and he was staring you down from his side of the cabin. "40 inches sounded kinda deadly. I think the safest way to go is for you to suck my dick first and we can go from there," his eyebrow perked up as he flashed a shiny grin, that was obviously forced, and he stared at you with a cocky gleam in his eyes.

OH SHIT! HE'S A COUNSELOR TOO?! EVEN WORSE YOUR CABIN NEIGHBOR?! AND EVEN WORSE THAN THAT- HE'S COCKY AND HOT.
So much for first impressions.
____________________________________

-Day 1-
📸 Picture taken: The yellow cabin 📸