Back Home

When I woke up, 3 weeks later according to the doctor, I couldn't feel my left leg. I tried to push myself up but only to catch a glimpse of an amputated leg. Soon after I was released from the army with a stick for a leg. I was happy and devastated at the same time. Happy, because I was going home to my family after four years. Devastated, because I had to lay to ground the family that I had for these four years. I felt empty.

When I reached home, I was welcomed by my wife and son. They seemed happy to see me. Finally, I was back in my home, back in my bed, and not in some bunk bed in a room filled with stench. Days passed away like lightning. But all of it came to a sudden halt when I discovered that my wife was cheating. When I confronted her, she did not hesitate a moment to ask for a divorce. That caught me off-guard. I told her that let's sit down and talk things through. But she said that she'd been meaning to tell me that she doesn't want to be together. That she found her true love when I was away. And that was it. I did not try anymore. Neither did she. Our divorce got through very quickly. But the custody case for our son took forever. It was almost 9 years of daily court visits, until the day my son turned 18, and finally, the court would give its verdict based on the wish of my son.