30

i see payton pull up to the house

ally~ HE'S HERE! HE'S HERE! HIDE

they all run to their hiding places. i sit on the couch with my phone in my hand

payton~ hey ally!

ally~ hola

they all pop out and shout

everyone~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY

he starts laughing and gives everyone a hug. when he gets to me, i just smile.

ally~ had to pay you back somehow from last year

payton~ right.

he takes my hand and kisses it

ally~ ... happy birthday.

payton~ thanks. 

avani~ payton.

she waves him over and he gives me a quick smile before going over there. i walk over to soph. we all sit down in a circle and play monopoly. 

joey~ NO

xlilhuddy~ that's what you get. now you're in jail.

we play for like 10 more minutes and payton still isn't back. i can see them through the window and she looks pretty upset.

sophia~ ally! you landed on my property. that $600. ally! earth to ally!

i see avani walk away, leaving payton there looking pretty stupid.

ally~ take what you want. i'm done.

i get up as they all try to grab my money. i walk out the house and see payton sitting on the porch.

ally~ hey.

i sit next to him and give him a half smile.

ally~ you okay?

payton~ uh... not really. avani broke up with me.

ally~ what? on your birthday? is she serious?

i start to stand up, but then something stops me. his hand.... was on mine.

payton~ don't. i want you here, with me.

ally~ okay. fine

we sit there next to each other in silence for a couple of minutes.

payton~ remember when we loved each other?

i look at him, surprised that he would bring that up 5 minutes after he gotten dumped.

ally~ yeah. i do

payton~ that was fun.

what is doing? what is HAPPENING?

ally~ it was.

payton~ can i tell you something?

ally~ yes, of course

payton~ sometimes i wish i hadn't screwed up and pretended that I didn't love you. because loving you was the best thing that ever happened to me

ally~ payton-

payton~ and whenever i was with you i was happy. even now, when i just got broken up with in my birthday... im still happy cause im with you.