17

L•U•K•E

Is it wrong to lust after someone nearly 10 years younger than me? Many would say that's wrong, and I would say I agree. There's just something about this girl that's drags me in, and I cannot seem to escape. Everything about her is perfect, her lips, her eyes, her hair, everything. She's like an angel sent from above, and I always find myself wanting more of her. This feeling continues to grow each day, and it's getting harder to fight.

Now, as I look at her laid in my bed, her mouth slightly hung opened as snores escape her parted lips, I find myself smiling. I will admit, I haven't been this happy in a while. After my divorce, things really went down hill. I was constantly drinking, partying, definitely doing things I shouldn't have been doing, but she makes me want to be a better man.

Ava stirs in the bed, moving around for a moment before settling again. I let out a chuckle at this, and pull the door closed behind me as I leave the room, not wanting to disturb the angel sleeping in my bed. I make my way to the living room and sit on the couch, pulling my phone from my pocket. I take a moment to look through my Instagram feed, a photo of Ava pops up and I smile to myself, examining the photo.

She's truly breath-taking. The photo is of her, dressed in black stripped shirt, with a white skirt, her long hair flowing down her shoulders. I think I remember the day she took this photo, though it seems nearly a week only by the time stamp. Suddenly my phone vibrates in my hand and I let out a groan, answering it.

"Yeah Ash, what's up?" I say, waiting for his response. "Uh, I've got some bad news. Olivia is here, and she is not happy." He breathes out and I mentally curse myself.

Of course, Olivia is back around. She just can't seem to leave me alone, even after our divorce. It's been nearly four years since we split and I moved here. I'd just like to move on and forget about Olivia and our past, but she won't let that happen. "What's the problem?" I groan, speaking to Ashton through the phone.

"Said she saw you in here with that little girl, what's her name?" Ash pauses, thinking for a moment. "Ava." I cut in.

"Well, she's demanding you come down here, right now." Ashton says and I rub the back of my neck with my palm. I really don't want to do that, it's been nearly a year since I've seen Olivia. I don't want Ava even knowing about my past, not yet anyways. It's complicated and messy.

A groan passes my lips as I stand from the couch. "Fine ash, I'll be there when I can." I hang up the phone before saying goodbye and slip my shoes on.

I walk to my bedroom, cracking the door to see Ava still fast asleep. I let out a sigh of relief, glad my girl is getting the rest she needs. I quickly grab a pen and my notepad from my night stand, scribbling out a message incase the angel awakes while I'm gone.

"Ava,

I've gone to work for a bit, call if you wake up. I'll be back as soon as I can. Rest well, sweet girl.

-Luke"

I stealthily slip the notepad back onto the nightstand, making sure not to wake the sleeping girl before I exit the room, then the house. Once in my car, I buckle my seat belt and start the engine, driving myself to the bar. Throughout the drive, I find myself becoming quite stressed. What does Olivia want? Why was she even in my bar last week, and how did I not notice her.

Just as I pull into the parking lot, I notice her car. A white Mercedes. She always had a tendency to spend more than she could afford, so I'm not surprised. I get out of my vehicle and let out a breath, just before pushing opened the door to the back entrance of the building. Once inside, I walk to the front counter and spot Ashton, serving Olivia a drink of some sort.

"Oh Luke, baby! You're here." Olivia says once I come into sight, flicking her black hair from her shoulder. That's why I didn't recognize her, she colored her previous blonde lockes to a raven shade.

"Don't call me that," I snap, "why are you here?" I waste no time, getting straight to the point. "Oh, don't be like that Lucas," the woman in front of me laughs, taking a sip from her drink, "I know you're happy to see me."

I scoff at this, I am most certainly not happy to even be in her presence. The devil in front of my takes another sip of her drink before sliding it across the bar and standing to her feet, her heals obnoxiously hitting the floor.

"Let's talk for it bit, in your office." The devil smirks and I roll my eyes. "We can talk here. In the lobby." I snarl, walking around the bar and sitting at a table.

Olivia scoffs, but sits across from me in the booth regardless. "You know, I saw you in here last week with that slut" Olivia rolls her eyes. That comment made my blood boil. Ava wasn't anything close to a slut, she's pure.

"Don't call her that. She's only 18." I bark back, becoming defensive over my sweet angel. "You're seriously fucking an 18 year old? She's nearly ten years younger than you!" Olivia gasps. "I'm watching her while her mother is away! It's not like that." I find myself rolling my eyes at her childish behavior.

I can't believe I was so in love with this woman all those years ago. "If you're not with her, then why won't you be with me again?" Olivia leans forward, her chest nearly spilling out of her low cut blouse. I nearly gag at this, but hold back. "Because I don't want you, I thought I made that clearly when we divorced." I speak in a bitter tone, it's getting harder to bite my tongue, but I do my best to not go overboard and tell her to get the hell out of my bar.

"C'mon, don't be like that! We had something special." A fake pout sits on the devil's lips. "Olivia, If this is all you want to talk about, then you need to leave. I have things to take care of today." I say finally, attempting to end the conversation where we're at. "Fine!" She groans out, but I'll be back."  The devil groans.

Just as she slips out of the booth, my phone rings in my pocket and I glance at it, seeing Ava's name and photo appear on the screen. "Shit." I curse to myself, I love hearing Ava's voice in my ear, but I wish she would've called a few minutes later.

"Who's that? You're little girl friend?" The devil sits back down across from me. Hesitantly, I answer my ringing phone, holding it to my ear. "Hey, what did you need?" I say calmly, hoping Olivia won't say anything more.

"Just woke up." The angel says, yawning. "I can't really talk right now," I breathe out, "I'll be there when I'm able to leave work."

"Oh," Ava sighs, a confused tone in her voice, "Okay, bye." I can practically hear the pout in her voice before the line goes dead. I look up to Olivia and a smirk is covering her lipstick stained lips. Before she can say another word, I stand to my feet.

"I'll be back, you know!" The devil shouts just as I walk out the door.