Chapter 4

"Fucking Sea Serpents." Alexis grumbled under her breath. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail, a couple stray strands hanging down in front of her face. She was hunched over a motorcycle that was burned and mangled in so many ways. 

Forcing an exhale out, Alexis took a step back away from her work. The girl wiped a bead of sweat off her forehead as she began to examine her progress. All around her were machines whirring and going off at random intervals.

"Damnit Horizon you said this thing was unhackable. Little shit." Paint was scraped off the sides of the bike and its metallic nature gleamed. The wheels were twisted in odd ways and the front of the    motorcycle was completely trashed. Scorch marks tainted the sides of it and Alexis worked to meticulously to try and clean it. "Of all fucking days for it to happen too."

Her thoughts slowly drifted away from her as she fell into a familiar rhythm of cleaning the motorcycle. 

Wipe. 

Spray. 

Wipe.

.

"Get in position." Alexis slowly crept over kneeling, listening to the voice of her leader. "The truck is arriving on site. Over." 

Alexis nervously fiddled with her necklace. She felt alone and exposed- not with her usual crew for missions. Both Leo and Horizon got grounded from doing missions for a week after they'd gone and set fire to a movie theater since their coupons weren't working to get free popcorn. Alexis just stared at them when they came back covered in soot and smelling like ash. Aegis towered over them and their faces went pale white.

Alexis had to admit- that was pretty funny.

Her motorcycle was a bit further away from her position and she held a gun in her slightly shaking hands. She could see Phoenix off to her left, pistol in each of their hands. Their bird mask resting snuggly on their face. The navy blue gleaming in the sun that passed through the broken windows. They twirled their guns idly, gaze sharp on the scene below them. Rusty railings separated them from the open area below.

A stage if you would.

A stage built for performers.

Both Nomi and Aegis stood in the center, blinding lights centered on them as a truck rolled onto the stage. Nomi wore her mouse mask, her hair tied back in a braid. She wore a pink tank-top along with shorts to combat the scorching heat that they were dealing with. Aegis on the other hand was dressed in a black leather jacket with leggings. His eyes were concealed by a pair of sunglasses and he fiddled with a knife in his right hand.

The door to the truck creaked open and out stepped a blonde girl wearing a dark pink mask. Their eyes swept over the group assembled. Her eyes locking onto Alexis's hidden ones for a moment. A small smirk appeared on her face as she walked out. 

"Sky Sparrows I presume." Her voice rang out, echoing slightly with the empty stage. "Nice to meet you all. Some of you more than others. Aegis and Nomi I'm assuming. Phoenix and Alexis up on the balcony? Where's your tank- Waddup was her name?" Alexis's breath hitched- how- how the fuck did she know their names. Nobody was supposed to know them outside the gang. What the hell. 

"Who the hell are you." Aegis growled, his grip tightening on the knife he held.

"Hm... You can call me KirbyAnyways...."  The girl walked around to the back of the truck, they took out four cases carrying them over near to Aegis and Nomi. "Here are the supplies you reached out to us for. Safe and sound." She patted them and her gaze flickered up to Alexis once more.