thirteen

The weekend comes around and the Brown parents drag their children to a party

The weekend comes around and the Brown parents drag their children to a party. The only positive thing for either of the twins is that their friends are there as well. A couple of days prior, the day after Johnny and Clara made up, she forgave the rest of the boys as well.

Clara and the rest of her family enter the big wodden doors of the William's hall, and a greeted with slow music playing. Small conversation are heard from different spots of the hall. The twins operate from their parents and look for their friends. Bobby taps her arm and points at a familiar bunch. All boy are wearing fancy suits with their hair in perfect order. Clara snickers at their well behaved fake appearance. 

The twins come closer to the group, Dutch, the first to see them, whistles, making the boys look at the Brown siblings. "Fancy seeing you here." He starts.

Clara smiles shaking her head. "What's up with that posh language?" Dutch puts offended a hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt by her words. While the other boys laugh at him, Johnny walks over to Clara with an soft smile. "Hello, beautiful." He greets her smirking, putting his arms around her waist.

"Hello, handsome." She sneaks her arms around his neck, pecking his lips for a short moment. "How are you doing?"

Johnny grins. "Better, now that you are here. The boy were getting pretty annoying." The boys, except Bobby, let about an 'hey!'

"We're right here, this is outrageous man." Tommy folds his arms, looking at Johnny in played shock. Johnny let's go of Clara and pats Tommy's shoulder. He walks to one of the tables and sits down, featuring for Clara to take a seat next to him. She follows his gesture and the rest of the boys follow her example. 

>🥋<

The evening takes a surprising turn when they start dancing. Clara and Johnny are dancing together so are the other boys, plus Ali, Barbara and Susan, who were also invited to the party.

Ali dances with her dad next to Johnny and Clara, when she suddenly stops. "Hey, dad what time is it?"
Mr. Mills looks at his wrist watch."It's about 9:40."

"Uhm. I've got to go." Her Fahrer looks at her surprised. "Do you have a date?"

"With whom?" He father asks suspicious. "Dad, it's a friend."

"Not that boy from Reseda." Clara and Johnny both look at the father daughter duo interested. "Yeah, he is from Reseda. He's a nice guy, It's not a big deal."

Before they can discuss anything further, Ali's mum interrupts them, dancing with Dutch. The boy Smiley cheekily at Ali, when her mother makes her dance with the boy.
Clara and Johnny dance close to the couple when Johnny leans over to talk to Ali.

"Listen I've been thinking, maybe we can call a truce." All looks annoyed at the boy. "Yeah, I am not at war. Excuse me." Dutch holds her back. "Wait. Could we maybe finish the dance?" Ali looks not that enthusiastic, but let's him lead her.

A while later Johnny nods a bit too obvious at something behind Clara, she turns her head to see Daniel lurking through the kitchens door window. His eyes are fixed on Dutch and Ali dancing together. Dutch who catches Johnny's nod, smirks when he sees Daniel. He leans down and kisses Ali, making Daniel walk away from the window, while Ali pushes Dutch away. "Don't you ever do that to me again!"

Clashing is heard from the kitchens, and people start laughing when they see Daniel, with spaghetti and tomato sauce all over his white trousers and dress shirt. He gets up as fast as he can and runs away. Clara looks at him and is about to follow him when she sees Ali pushing Dutch in the face, laughing and then running off. 

Clara hits Dutch's arm. "What the hell is wrong with you?" The boy holds his arm up in surrender, while holding the grin on his face. Although he did something wrong she won't fall out with her friends again because of something that ridiculous.

>🥋<

When they get home, Clara walks straight to her room. She grabs the baby blue telephone standing on her nightstand, and calls the number her friend gave her.

"Hello?" A female voice asks through the other side of the phone. "Hi,...uhm this is Clara Brown. Is Daniel home?"

"Oh, no, I am sorry sweetie. Do you want me to -  Oh wait there he is. Daniel telefon, it's for you." A moment of silence then the voice of her friend speaks.

"Hello?" He asks. "Daniel, hi." Clara plays with the string of the phone, not really knowing what exactly she wanted to tell or ask him. "Clara? What is it?"

The girl sighs. "Are you alright. I am so sorry for what that idiot did." Daniel sighs as well. "Why do you apologise? It wasn't you that kissed him?" Clara furrows her eyebrows. "Kissed him? Ali didn't kiss Dutch. It was all on him, he saw you watching them, so he decided to tease you. Ali didn't want that."

Daniel let's out a breath. "Well, it sure didn't look that way, and it doesn't matter anyways." Clara purses her lips. "Daniel, I am serious, talk to Ali, she will explain it to you, it wasn't her fault-"

"Clara, please let's not talk about that, I can't handle anymore of that right now." A moment of silence surrounds both ends of the phone. "Hey, did you know that Mr. Miyagi has a medal of honour?"

Clara smiles slightly. "No, but it sounds damn cool." Daniel laughs quietly. "It is." He sounds so proud of the man, that helps him through so much stuff.

"Uhm, when the tournament comes around. Will you be around,... I mean to support me, even though Johnny and the others are in it as well. And... and we may fight against each other?" Clara grins.

"'Cause I will. You are like my best friend. You know my brother and I have always shared the same friends, and now that I got my own I have to support him, don't I?" Daniel laughs once again. "I guess so. Well it is nice talking to you, but I think that my ma wants me to exolain myself, you know all the tomato sauce on seems a bit weird." Clara laughs.

"Alright, I think you should do that, but hey at least it is not..., uhm... You know I can't think of anything else that would be worse. But hey pasta rocks, think positive." Clara can practically see the smile on Daniel's face.

"Thanks, for whatever that was, and for trying to stay with me." Daniel confesses.

"Your welcome, dorkface." Smiles the brunette silently.

"I have to go now. Good night." Daniel sighs.

"Good night." The lines goes blank, a rhythmic beeping is all that's left. Clara puts the telefon receiver back down.