33| Married Guys Club: Open

"Where are we going, princess?"

Harper kept her gaze focused outside the back passenger window of the Uber. We landed in New York almost an hour ago and she wouldn't tell me where we were headed. I sent Nate a text when I got our baggage to see how work had been, but he hasn't responded. My gut told me something was going on; but I didn't think Harper would want to do anything after our long flight. 

"We're going by the bar." 

I frowned. "The bar? Why? We aren't working tonight." Hell. No. I did not feel like working after that flight. Now if she wanted some drinks, I wasn't going to say no.

"It's not for work," she said with a laugh. "Lanie asked me to come by to pick something up."

Another frown from me. "What are you picking up? And why now?" Without saying a word, she shot me a look. With a defeated sigh, I held up my hands. "You're right, princess. Whatever you say."

She leaned over and gripped my chin. She smiled at her small victory. "That's my good boy," she teased. When she went to pull her hand away, I caught it and toyed with the engagement ring I had given her a year ago. 

"You know you forgot something when you proposed to me, princess."

She raised a questioning brow. "What's that?"

Even though I was in a playful mood, I kept a pouty look on my face and held up my left hand. Her eyes immediately went to that finger. "There's no ring."

"There's a ring," she said softly with a smile. She reached for my hand and traced her finger along my ring-less one. "Everything about our relationship—how we met, how we got together. Even out first 'engagement' wasn't done the normal way. I wanted this part to be done right." 

I knew exactly what she meant. We were engaged now—the real way—and the men didn't wear an engagement ring. The woman did. And she had hers on already. "So...there is a ring."

"Yes," she whispered before her eyes met mine. "I got it in London."

"And you're going to make me wait till our wedding? Oh, princess. You know how impatient I can get. How do you know I won't go snooping for it?"

Her eyes narrowed. "You do that, Jackson Reese, and you will not like consequences."

Lust shot through me at her words, going right to my dick. "Consequences, huh?" I leaned forward and put my lips to her ear. "Pray tell, what do these consequences include? I might be into it."

She shivered at my words at the exact same time the Uber driver cleared his throat and pressed on the brakes. Oh, yeah...we weren't alone. Oops.

"We're here," the driver stated. 

"Thanks, mate." I got out of the car and went around to Harper's side to open her door. "I'll wait here for you."

"No. We're bringing out stuff inside." 

"What? Why? I thought you were just picking something up."

She leaned herself against my body and brushed her lips against mine. "Bags. Now." She pulled away and started to the entrance. I couldn't help but watch the seductive sway of her hips. 

With a shake of my head, I opened the trunk and got our bags. When I met her at the front, she threw me a coy smile. She pushed the doors open and then...

"SURPRISE!"

I took a step back. What the...Everyone was here. Nate and Karma. Ayden and Lanie. Ryan and Danielle. Even Jamie and Cherise. I turned to Harper. "What is this?"