Chapter 14

Sorry for the inconsistent updates! I hope you enjoy this chapter, plenty of fluff to make up for how awful I am. I do really hope to get this book done. 

--

The sun was high in the air by the time the two boys reached the shore of the beach they had visited before. They lay in the golden sand embracing the beautiful scenery around them. It was now or never, Lance decided. The Latino sat up hastily, earning a side glance from Keith.

"I like you," Lance blurted out. Keith sat up and turned to the golden boy. He grabbed Lance's has and smile sweetly. It was a rare sight for most.

"I like you too, Lance." The two gazed lovingly into each other eyes, drunk on teenage romance.

"Do you..." Lance began as he looked down at their tightly intertwined hands. "Perhaps..." Keith rolled his eyes with an amused spark in this raven-eyes.

"Spit it out, Lance." Although he had heard him say it plenty of times, the way Lance's name rolled off Keith's tongue never grew old.

"Do you mean that romantically? Cause I know, we've been through a lot, sometimes we argue, a lot. So maybe you don't mean it in that-"

Lance's words were interrupted by a pair of lips on his own. The soft hand in his palm gave him a comforting squeeze as their lips moulded together in a sweet kiss. They parted for a second with foreheads pressed together.

"I'm sure you get the memo. But fuck, you are addicting." That was the last thing Lance remembered before he was pushed into the sand, legs straddling his waist. Lips collided once again, meeting each other perfectly in the middle this time. Unlike the last kiss, this one was much deeper and full of passion.

Keith had his elbow rested beside Lance's head, the other hand finding its way into the brunettes silky hair. Lance slid his hands up and down Keith's sides, feeling the smooth skin and grains of sand against his palms. Keith licked Lance's lips, slipping his tongue into the mouth of the boy beneath him.

The two stayed like that, lips locked, rolling in the sand, hands travelling. They explored each other under the sun till the blue sky started to warm into orange hues.

When they got back into their hotel, they both dived onto the bed and giggled as they collided. Lance lay back with his hands behind his head. Keith took the opportunity or roll onto his stomach and lay his head on the Cuban boy's chest.

Their eyes locked as the two gazed at each other softly. "I'm happy, so so happy," Lance announced as he smiled and switched his gaze to the roof, deep in thought. The smile on his lips stuck as he tried to process what had happened.

It was the first night spent in their room where the air felt light. The two boys gazed into each other eyes that night. Their looks of love-sick admiration clear in the dim lighting.

"I don't want this to change," Keith mumbled as he lay on his side, arms tucked into his chest, eyes fixed on the boy close to him.

"Why would it?" Lance questioned with a soft genuine voice.

"What if it's different at home? Or what if you get sick of me? What if--" Arms wrapped around the pale boy's waist protectively. "Nothing will change. I'm happy, your happy, we'll make this work no matter where we are," Lance reassured his boyfriend, the word boyfriend circulating in his head like the substance of a drug. It made him feel like he was dreaming peacefully alone in the sand, under the sun he adored. However, this was better because this was real.

"Your right. We'll make this work. I'll make sure everyone knows your mine," Keith mumbled with a smug but slightly dopey look from the long. Keith wanted nothing more than to rub it into everyone's face that Lance McClain was his and only his.

"Not if I claim you first!" Lance exclaimed as he rolled on top of Keith, placing soft kisses all over his smooth, glowing skin. Keith laughed and squirmed, grabbing Lance's sides as he melted into the tanned boy.

That night, the two lovebirds slept better than they ever had before. Tangled limbs fit together perfectly as the hair on Keith's neck danced to Lance's soft breathing.

----

By the time morning arose above the horizon, the raven-haired boy awoke to arms holding him from behind comfortably. He smiled at the unfamiliar yet comfortable feeling, saviour the warmth spread through his body and the beating of his heart against his chest.

'Ba-dum'

'Ba-dum'

'Ba-dum'

He felt a twist and warmth in his stomach that he wishes would last forever. He wanted to saviour this feeling in fear of becoming accustomed to everything and losing these sickly sweet feelings. He assumed this was the honeymoon stage, that soon enough, he wouldn't feel anything but old love. Love that had lost its excitement, new feelings all explored and worn out. Although, no matter how he felt love towards Lance, he'd never stop loving him.

This love would last them a long time, a long, long time. First, they had become childhood best friends, high-school sweethearts, and perhaps one day, Husbands. That was a long way off yet, but the idea brought a rosy hue to his cheeks and giddy smile as he savoured this moment and every moment to come.

----

I haven't written romance material in a while so I may be a little rusty. I hope you enjoyed it! I think this is the end, let me know if you want a sequel or epilogue.