A New Day A New Life

(Y/n's P.O.V)

When I woke up I half expected last night to have been but a dream but it wasn't. I was curled up in both Father and Dad's arms. I snuggled in closer so not to wake them. I finally had my family back. I soon fell back asleep in the warmth of my parents arms. When I woke again my Dad was awake but Father was still fast asleep.

"Morning Pup!!" It was weird hearing that from someone else other then Father.

"Morning Daddy!!" Maybe Dumbledore will let me keep him with me all the time I'm gonna have to ask.

"How did you sleep?" I could tell he was really trying to make it so we had as close a bond as Father and I.

"I slept well, I'm a little hungry but we have to wait till Father wakes up....." I was cut of.

"Your always hungry Pup." It almost came out like a mumble as if he was still half asleep.

"It's nearly time for the feast you two can still make it." Dad said pushing some hair out of my face.

"No, let's go to the kitchen and get some food then go talk to Dumbledore about me keeping you Daddy!!" Ha keep my Dad.

"That sounds so weird." Dad laughed.

"Yeah, I mean keep Padfoot." Father and I both laughed along with Dad.

"I know Pup. Anyway lets go get some food." We all got out of bed, Dad shifted back into Snuffles/Padfoot I don't know what to call him.

We walk outside of the Willow and head towards the school followed by the Aurors. We sneak past any students walking around. When we reached the portrait of the fruit ball Dad started jumping up and down rubbing his fur on the fruit until the portrait opened, Father and I laughed as we watched Dad hurry over to a cupboard and scratching at it.

"Okay Snuffles chill out." I say through laughter.

"I thought his name was Padfoot?" One of the Aurors asked.

"Snuffles is my nickname for him??" It was more a question then a statement.

"Okay?" I knew he didn't believe me but I'm hungry.

I pulled open the cupboard and pull out a stash op cupcakes and other sugary treats. Everyone knows that sugar is the best way to heal. Dad jumps at the food in my hand.

"No Snuffles, you can't have this." I grab some meat from the freezer and place it on a plate on the floor.

Dad looks at me with his puppy dog eyes before looking down at the ground sadly and ate his food. Father and I then dug into our own food. Before long we were walking up, up, up to Dumbledore's office.

"Professor Dumbledore?" I had knocked but he hadn't answered, the door opened but I couldn't see him.

Different weird objects lay around the room, paintings of past Headmaster, and Headmistresses hung from the walls as they watched the three of us entered. The Aurors are stode outside the door while, Daddy, Father and I talk to Professor Dumbledore.

"Uh, Miss Black Lupin, Remus, what do I owe to this visit?" Dumbledore eyed Snuffles.

"Professor Dumbledore, I was wondering if I could keep my dog Snuffles with me? He escaped not long before we came to Hogwarts but he found us. I don't want him leaving my side I love him." It wasn't a lie he did escape not long before we came to Hogwarts and he did find us.

"Headmaster, Snuffles is a very well behaved dog and will be able to help Lily get through her first year at Hogwarts. Along with the fact he will protect her from anything that will try and harm her and I would feel better if he stays with her." Dumbledore raised his eyebrow at this.

"I guess so, I'll inform your teacher's for now you should go head to bed it's been a long night." He looked at us over his half moon glasses.

We said goodbye and went back to our rooms to sleep. I was woken the next morning by Snuffles licking my face.

"Snuffles get off me, I'm up, I'm up." I laughed as I tried to push him off me.

"I got out of bed and got dressed in the bathroom before heading down for breakfast. Dad sat at my feet and I kept sliding some bacon under the table to him.

It wasn't that hard to hide it because still no one sat near me. Everyone avoided me at all cost.