🍫Carnival Shenanigans🍫

A/N before story: The reader in this fanfic uses she/her pronouns, as requested by the user I will mention at the end. Also, this will be a carnival fic! Just because I think carnival dates are the cutest.
________________________________

"Poncey! Wait up, you're walking too fast." You whined, catching up to your boyfriend.

"Haha, sorry [Y/N] gal, just don't want to have to wait too long for the rides." Ponce chuckled, and wrapped his arms around your shoulder. He smelled strongly of cologne and pomade, which you came to love, nestled yourself into his arm as you two walked.

It was the annual summer carnival for Exclamation, USA. Rides, games, and food trucks lined the giant parking lot for just one weekend. Of course, the whole scene was flooded with teens. Couples, friends, you name it. And of course you and Ponce wanted to go together for a date. It was perfect, and if you stayed long enough, they'd set off fireworks.

The two of you finally made it to the line for the tilt-a-whirl. Ponce claimed he hated the ride, but when you expressed interest in it, he quickly changed his mind. The ride filled up, and unfortunately you had to wait for the next turn. You didn't mind, though.

After about 10 minutes or so, the ride came to a conclusion, and fellow teens laughed and cheered as they got off. Finally, you and Ponce got into one of the seats, and clamped down the bar to secure yourselves. The ride filled up again, and off it went. The two of you laughed each time your seat got swung. Luckily, it was one of the seats that caught the most spins. Well, lucky to you. As for Ponce, he started to keep his eyes shut for half of the ride.

It came to a conclusion once more, and you helped to escort your partner off the ride. You brought him over to a bench near the food trucks, and just so happened to pump into JFK while he was in line.

"Poncey! [Y/N]! Hey, you knuckleheads! Getting into trouble?" He gave a hearty laugh.

"You could say that." You chuckled along.

"Aw, what's wrong, Poncey? Your little girlfriend had to help you 'cause you couldn't handle a little spinning action?" Jack laughed again, and patted Ponce's back, who responded with an huff. "Well, I gotta get going, catch ya later, lovebirds!" JFK cheerfully walked off, getting further in line.

"Sorry for being a bit of a wimp, babe." Ponce gave a sad chuckle.

"Oh, hun," You said, sitting next to him and wrapping your arms around his torso. "You're no wimp. You just don't like that ride, that's all." You kissed his cheek, gaining a soft smile from him. "Since you were such a trooper and went on a ride I wanted...I'll go on that boat ride you were raving about earlier."

Ponce immediately perked up. "Really, girly?" He smiled wide. You nodded. You knew you were going to hate it, but sacrifice comes with dating! He jumped up from the bench, and grabbed your hand, jogging a little to get to the line.

This ride was a pirate ship with multiple seats. It would swing back and forth, going higher and higher until you were sure it would flip. But, luckily, it never did. For some reason, this was always Ponce's favorite at any amusement park. He knew you were scared to go on most of the time, so it was often avoided. But not this time!

The line became shorter and shorter, until you and Ponce we're finally able to make it to a seat. You two sat, snuggly together, and put the security bar down. You already had your hand prepped for the death grip you were going to have on it. Ponce laughed at your nervousness, and kissed your forehead. That calmed you a bit, but not much. The ride started, and it went slow at first.

Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. This was ok for now. You let go of the bar with one hand to snake it down to Ponce's hand, giving it a squeeze. He look towards you, and gave your hand a reassuring squeeze back.

The ride started to speed up now, and you jolted your hand back to it's original position. The faster and higher the ride went, the tighter your grip became on the bar. Ponce couldn't help but laugh. You looked a little ridiculous, to be fair. Cheers and hollers were all around you, but all you could think of how you wanted this to be over with.

Within time, the ride came to a halt, and you were now being escorted by your boyfriend off of it. He held you close to him and you came down from your anxieties.

"You alright, toots?" He asked, gently brushing some hair away from your face.

"Yeah, I'm good now." You sighed out an exasperated laugh.

"How about we get some cotton candy, and we can make our way to the ferris well, huh?" He nodded towards the cotton candy stand, and you smiled.

"I'd love to." You hummed.

You each got a big thing of cotton candy, and luckily there wasn't much of a line for the ferris wheel. You both got on, and after a bit, you were making your way up. The passenger car you were in stopped right at the top. You looked to the view of the carnival from up there. It looked amazing, with all the lights and sounds.

Suddenly, a loud boom, then a sizzle could be heard. You turned your head, and saw a bright, beaming firework had been set off. Then more followed along. It was beautiful!

"Woah. That's gorgeous." You looked in awe. For being such a small, dinky town, Exclamation, USA could pull off some jaw-dropping fireworks.

"Not as gorgeous as you, babe." Ponce responded. He gently put his hand to your face, and kissed your lips. You closed your eyes, and kissed back. The kisses was sweet, literally and figuratively. It felt like it lasted for so long, but it was over in just a few moments.

"I love you, Ponce." You hugged your boyfriend, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"Love you too, [Y/N]." He hugged back, putting his head on your's.

________________________________

A/N: Ponce x female Reader suggested by @Emscaypes! Thank you for the suggestion, first one for Ponce! Hopefully this one isn't too bad, it was kinda rushed because I'm trying to juggle all sorts of stuff right now! Also my apologies if this is quite cliché, a carnival date just seemed fitting for Ponce!