The Day They Met | 1

||Wrathful, his heart was filled with hatred.||

Todoroki wasn't the most social person and he knew that himself, he didn't bother to change that part of him. What was the point of doing that? It's not like anyone would notice it. He had already made a bad first impression on his classmates just a while ago, there was no turning back now.

His cold footsteps echoing through the rural hallway, everyone was already at the canteen, excited to enjoy their lunch with their friends, Todoroki couldn't relate to that. Would they even notice if he disappeared? Would they be relieved that he wasn't there? He didn't care, all that matters was to achieve his goal of becoming a pro hero, surpassing the number one hero, and to prove to that bastard of a father he could do all of that without using an ounce of fire.

He made it to the top, breathing in the fresh air and relishing the soothing wind blowing against his face. Eyes skimming through the area, nothing seemed out of place except for a...girl? She was looking at the sky, admiring the view as her hair danced with the wind. Stopping dead in his tracks, a series of questions popped up in his mind.

Why is she here?

Isn't everyone supposed to be in the canteen?

Did she have the same intentions as him by coming up here?

Who is...she-?

Standing there with a blank expression, he struggled to make a decision. He let out a soft sigh, he should probably leave her alone. He wouldn't appreciate the company if he was in her shoes, so she probably wouldn't either. As he was about to turn around and left the place, the girl moved her head to the side.

For a split second, they both made eye contact.

He froze on the spot, she saw him.

The girl looked a bit surprised, "A-ah.." she quickly turned around, looking a bit embarrassed. "I didn't notice you at all, I thought I was the only one here..." she said, rubbing her head.

Todoroki stared at her with his cold expression, what was he supposed to do now? The socially awkward side of him was starting to show as he stood there, not moving an inch.

The girl blinked at him, "Uh- am I bothering you? I can leave if you want, I wasn't planning on staying here for long anyway." she was quick to explain herself.

"..."

The girl became a bit nervous seeing as he still wasn't saying anything, "Uhm, I guess I'll excuse myself...? Enjoy your lunch!" she said, wearing a smile before walking towards the door.

Todoroki finally spoke up, "I don't mind." not really minding her presence, he didn't care anyway.

"Huh-?" She glanced at him, processing what he was saying. "I can stay...?" She asked, slowly raising her hand and pointed at herself.

He nodded, not saying anything as he sat down on the floor. The girl shuffled her way towards Todoroki, plopping down beside him without saying a word. He silently ate his lunch, opening the bento that his sister made for him. He sneaked a peek at her, the girl wasn't eating, it looked like she didn't even bring her lunch. She was just staring at the sky just like before. The boy noticed her fumbling with her fingers, she seemed to be mulling, wanting to say something, maybe the silence was killing her.

But Todoroki didn't really care.

"Um..." she managed to mutter a word. "What's your name? I saw you during the obstacle race, you were the one who froze that huge robot solid right?" she asked, head finally facing in his direction.

He nodded once again, "Todoroki Shoto." he replied, giving her a straightforward answer.

She perked up, "Todoroki-kun then-! Todoroki...I swear I heard that name before..." Muttering the last part to herself. He overheard her mumbling but didn't care enough to speak up.

"Anyways." She cut off her ramble, "You have quite the powerful quirk huh? To freeze something that fast...you must've train a lot." she stated.

He slightly flinched at her remark, recalling all his training sessions and some unpleasant memories along the way. Quickly regaining his composure, he continued to eat his soba, acting as nothing happened.

"I wish I have a quirk like that..." she muttered once again. "Too bad I can only control a bit of water..." continuing her mumbles. Todoroki once again overheard her, but didn't bother to interrupt her. Though a little part of him was curious about her quirk.

The girl stopped mumbling and the silence was back again. Todoroki liked the silence, but he knew that the girl was feeling uncomfortable. For her, it probably felt cumbersome. He knew that, but he didn't care. Expecting her to leave sooner or later, he calmly ate his food. But unexpectedly, to his surprise,

She stayed.

Finishing his soba, he finally decided to ask her something as a way of thanking her for putting up with the awkward silence.

"What's your name?"

He figured that he should at least get her name, even though he didn't think they would ever meet again. It was the least he could do right now.

"My name...?" She said, seemed to look a bit dumbfounded that he asked for her name. She probably wasn't expecting for him to speak again after that direct answer. Her lips slowly formed a smile as the wind started to blow.

"I'm Ruriko Keira-! But you can call me Kei!"

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○

OyA oYa-? What's this? A new book? Well I was studying and I just got this idea halfway through my revision so yeah- this is that.

Unlike heartbeat, we got an oc, Ruriko Keira-! Her name is somewhat related to her appearance but I'll let yall figure it out by yourselves. Hope yall enjoy this cute lil story!!