Opening Up | 3

||Restless, the boy needed to relax.||

The internships were coming up and all his classmates were excited about it. They gathered into groups, discussing what hero they were going to intern. For Todoroki, he didn't really care. He had received a bunch of offers from different heroes, though it was probably because of his old man, he even received one from him. 

"Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing..."

"Whether it's correct or not..."

"I need time to think about it."

The exchange he had with him played in his head like a videotape, he himself was still unsure about his left side. He knew that it was his own power, but every so often the memories would flood inside his brain like a stream, both the pleasant and unpleasant. How could he forget about it? He couldn't even if he tried to.

"I heard you guys have internships-! Must be nice to work right next to a pro hero..." she said, he could hear the envy in her voice. "And today's class was so boringg- I almost fell asleep listening to the teacher's voice. Sensei has a soothing voice y'know?" she chuckled, letting out a tired yawn.

"Oh yeah, and this morning I found an injured puppy on my way to school. It was such a sad sight to witness-!" she cooed, recalling the poor pup. "I tried to heal it, thankfully I managed to heal most of its injuries. But it was still limping a bit...I hope it's okay..." she said, biting into her sandwich, it seemed like she finally remembered to bring her lunch. 

"I wish I could've fully healed its leg...then maybe it wouldn't be limping..." another sentence of mumbles came out like nothing. She was getting more and more talkative, though she was muttering more often too. Like always, Todoroki overheard her every time. But this time, for some reason, he wanted to ask her something. He thought he didn't care about it.

What changed?

"Your quirk." his voice cutting the air, it ironically made the atmosphere colder. 

"Ah- y-yeah?" She stuttered a bit, she probably didn't saw the sudden query coming. 

He went silent for a while, contemplating whether he should say it or not. What would she think about him? Why was he thinking about that?

He didn't know, and he didn't care.

"Milk."

 She tilted her head, "Milk...?" 

He nodded, "What would happen if it's milk?" he asked. 

She looked at him, a stunned expression on her face. She most likely wasn't expecting that question. But she soon started to chuckled, almost turning it into a laugh. "Sorry about that, I didn't expect that. I thought it was gonna be a serious question." covering her mouth to stop her chuckling. 

Todoroki blinked, was that not a serious question? He very much thought it was a serious question, he has been thinking about it for quite some time too.

"Well to answer your question, it doesn't do anything." she replied, "Though it does make it tastier for some reason...I'm still curious as to why it does that." crossing her arms. 

"But I'm glad-!" she exclaimed, wearing her iconic smile. But it seemed a bit brighter than usual.

Why was she so happy?

"Glad...?" he repeated her statement. She was happy just because he asked her about milk? Just purely because of that? Todoroki couldn't comprehend how she could be that happy just because of a few words.

She hummed, "Yeah-! This is the first in a long time you asked me something! The last question was for my name, which doesn't really count...so this is the first time!" she looked really happy. 

He peeked at her smile, it was such a bright smile. He could almost feel her happiness from there. How can she be so happy all the time?

He didn't know, but maybe he wanted to find out why.

"You..." 

"Yeah-?" she replied almost instantly.

"Are you happy around me?" he asked, with the same cold and stoic expression. Usually he wouldn't care about how people felt around him, it wasn't his problem. Maybe she was an exception? Maybe.

"Of course-!" she answered with another beaming smile. "You don't speak that much, but I like that about you! I can ramble as much as I want without anyone interrupting, do you know how nice is that? It's amazing-!" she chirped. 

"But if you don't feel the same way and think I'm annoying then I'm sorry...I won't force you to stay...it wouldn't be nice of me to do that..." she muttered under her breath. But it was loud and clear for him. 

"Milk." he chimed in.

"Huh-?" she raised her head, a pair of curious eyes looking at him. 

"I want to try it, with your quirk." he blurted out. 

She snickered, seemed to understand what he was trying to imply. "Sure-! I'll bring milk next time and let you taste it! I promise it's really good." giving a thumbs up.

He nodded, his silent self back again. For once, he was glad that he managed to ask those questions. Why did he decide to ask her? He didn't know, and perhaps he didn't care. But one thing's for sure,

He was glad he spoke up.