Chapter 2: School

Chapter 2: School

Bryce's POV

*One Week Later*

"Let's go!" My dad called up the stairs. "I have to get to work and I will leave without you!" I sighed and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I walked out of my room and went downstairs.

"About time." He said as I reached the bottom. We live too far out for a bus route to run out here so our parents drive us everyday.

"Daniella! You have five seconds!"

"Go get the car started, I'll get her." My mom said. My dad groaned as the two of us walked out of the house and out to the car. I got in the passenger seat while my dad got in the driver's seat, starting up the car.

"So, you want to start getting your permit soon?" My dad asked, looking over at me.

"And stop getting driven to school? Yes." I laughed.

"Okay, I'll start looking into options." He said, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. Suddenly, my sister came running out. She climbed into the backseat, my dad pulling out of our driveway.

"No fair, you got shotgun." She pouted in the backseat.

"I was ready on time." I smirked, turning around and sticking my tongue out at her.

"Oh shut up."

"No, you shut up."

"No, you shut up."

"No, yo-"

"Both of you shut the hell up!" My dad exclaimed. "Daniella, try being ready on time next time."

"It's my first day of high school! I had to look good."

"And who are you looking good for?" My dad asked, looking at her in the rearview mirror.

"Senior boysss." I teased.

"WHAT!" My dad exclaimed, slamming on the brakes and turning to look at her, sending the two of us forward.

"DAD!" Daniella screeched.

"No dating!" He scolded, starting to drive again.

"Dad, I'm more worried about finding my English class."

"No dating until 16!"

"SIXTEEN?!"

"High school relationships lead to nothing but trouble."

"You and mom dated in high school." She mumbled.

"Yeah, and we got pregnant! Plus, we didn't meet in high school."

"I bet if Bryce got a girlfriend today, you wouldn't care."

"I can control him, I can't control whatever guy you find."

"Dad! This is totally unfair!"

"This is not an argument I want to have at eight in the morning. Let's just start with no boyfriends this year and reevaluate."

"Whatever." She groaned, leaning back and playing on her phone. He finally pulled up in front of our school and put the car in park.

"Have a good day! Bryce, help your sister!" He said as we grabbed our stuff and got out of the car.

"Will do, love you dad."

"Love you guys." He said as we closed the door. Daniella took off ahead of me and I had to jog to catch up.