A PLAN YEARS IN THE MAKING

King's Landing 298 AC.

Jaime.

He'd been having a meeting with his uncles and aunt when Tommen came rushing in, Jaime, Gerion, and Genna all rushing immediately to the King's Chambers. Once he got there he found it to be almost chaotic, Margaery was clearly distressed, Shiera stood off to one side looking at something in her hand, Arthur and Barristan were both clearly disturbed, and the Grandmaester and Aemon were both at Jae's bedside. After his own arrival, Olenna, Alerie, Tyrion, and Daenerys weren't too far behind and Jaime looked on as Margaery was comforted by her mother and grandmother.

Very quickly the room became far too full and Jaime began to order people to leave, Daenerys and Tyrion both ready to argue with him until they saw the look on his face. When he went to move Shiera though, Margaery moved from her grandmother's side and ran to the woman, grabbing her and shouting into her face.

"What did you do?"

"What did you do?"

Margaery shouted over and over, Jaime, Arthur, and Barristan now all looking to Jae's aunt who stood there with the same expression on her face that she had since he'd arrived. Jaime moved to them both and as gently as he could he moved Margaery away from her, calling for Loras and Walder to escort Shiera to another room.

"She's not to leave, you understand?" he said to them both, Loras nodding while Shiera just said nothing, still looking at something in her hand.

Jaime moved closer to her and opened her hand to see what it was, confused when he saw that it was the pin that Jae had given Margaery as a gift. He looked into her eyes and could see that she knew something, but he needed to know what exactly was wrong with Jae before he could even begin to think about who was responsible and what needed to be done about it. So he let Walder and Loras escort her from the room and called for Jors and Ser Richard to guard the doors outside.

He turned to see that Margaery was now being held by her mother, tears falling from her face that he or no one other than Jae would be able to stop. Moving to the bed he looked down to see Jae seemed to be sleeping peacefully and other than the blood that had dripped from his nose, there was no sign of any injuries whatsoever. Arthur and Barristan looked almost lost and the Grandmaester was completely out of his element, Jaime seeing that Aemon seemed more in charge and in control of things than Gormon was.

"Grandmaester, leave us." he said after a moment.

"Lord Hand? "Gormon said turning to look at him with a confused look on his face.

"Leave us." he said more firmly and after looking to and receiving a nod from Olenna who Jaime knew was acting on Margaery's behalf, the Grandmaester did just that.

Jaime waited until he was sure the man was gone and then he motioned for Barristan to stand at the door before he turned to speak to Margaery and her mother.

"Your grace." he said to no reply "Your grace." he said a second time, this time a little louder when Margaery didn't seem to hear.

"Lord Jaime?" Olenna said almost admonishingly but he shook his head and Olenan held her tongue.

"Your grace, can you tell us what happened?" he said softly when Margaery looked his way.

She proceeded to tell them all though it took her some time to do so. Margaery alternating between sobbing and looking to the bed before she then moved to it and went to take Jae's hand only for Aemon to shake his head.