RESTUS INTERRUPTUS

A/N: For those who dislike such things the Margaery Pov is Lemon, if it's not your thing just skip that pov you won't miss any plot.

King's Landing 298 AC.

Benjen.

Seeing his brother and a man who he later found out to be Prince Oberyn waiting for him on the docks was a surprise, as was the red priest and priestess who were there waiting for Kinvara. He spoke to Ned as Frost and Lya rolled around on the dock and introduced Val, Kinvara, Ser Alliser, and Ser Jaremy to Ned and Oberyn. After he did they were taken to the Red Keep, though Kinvara left with the other two priests and told them she'd meet with his nephew another time.

Hearing that Jon had been in some sort of dream state for the last few weeks and had only just awakened, had him at first incredibly worried. Though he was soon relieved when but both Ned and Oberyn explained that he had recovered and just hadn't been able to come and greet them personally. Ser Alliser, Ser Jaremy, and the loyalists were brought to rooms within the Red Keep and told that Jon would see them soon while he and Val were taken to rooms closer to his family. Val walking around the Red Keep almost in a daze as she looked amazed at the sheer size of it.

"This is where the king lives?" she asked as they walked to the family wing.

"It is, we'll take you to him soon Lady Val." Ned said and Benjen saw Oberyn's smirk and Val's frown.

"There are no ladies among the Free Folk, Ned." he said seeing her nod to him.

"Forgive me, Val." Ned said a little uncomfortably.

"You're the Warden of the North, the Stark?" Val asked.

"I am."

"And you?" she asked Oberyn.

"Oberyn Martell." Oberyn said dropping the prince bit to Benjen's surprise.

When they reached what was to be Val's room, Benjen had to convince her that it was to be for her and her alone and that he'd come by to show her more of the Red Keep and King's Landing in a bit. Val looking at him with what looked to be gratitude and he felt a small stirring in his chest at the thought of doing something which made her happy. Ned asked if she needed clothing or wished to have a bath prepared, or if she was hungry and Benjen found himself sensing the clear confusion that Val certainly was going through. The culture shock for him was something hard to get used to but he at least had the experience of how Lordship worked. For Val having people do things for her would be much harder to get used to.

Once she was in her room, Oberyn looked at him and gave him a very odd smile before bidding him and Ned a farewell, and Benjen followed his brother to his own room. Just looking around it when he got to it had him feeling just as strangely as Val surely was and he began to panic just a little at the thought that this was his life from now on.

"Ben?" Ned asked seeing his worried expression.

"What? Sorry, this is hard to get used to." he said taking a seat.

"Aye, I know. You can turn it down if you wish, Ben, there is always a place for you at Winterfell and I'll be building up some new keeps, should you wish to run one?"

"I'll speak to Jon." he said softly.

"Jae or Jaehaerys." Ned said with a smirk and he looked at him while his brother explained that his nephew had fully embraced the name his mother had given him, Benjen smiling at the thoughts of how Lyanna would feel about that were she here.