𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

"Everyone, please have your attention up here!" Dumbledore says as he stands up. Everyone stops eating and turns their heads towards Dumbledore...except, of course, Ron. 

"Ron!" Hermione elbowed Ron, "Put that chicken wing down for a moment." Ron frowned slightly at his half-eaten chicken wing, but eventually placed it on his plate.

"I understand that it is the middle of the year, but we do have a new student joining us today. A female fifth-year will start attending Hogwarts today. We are going to be present for her sorting later today at dinner." Dumbledore spoke loudly.

"Ugh, great. Probably another insufferable Gryffindor." Draco muttered. 

"Please politely welcome Mila Pierce!" Dumbledore's voice rang through the hall. Applaud arose in the Great Hall as a black-haired girl stepped into the hall. Slightly smiling, she waved her hand, saying hello. 

"Miss Pierce, please take a seat at any table." Professor Dumbledore said. At the corner of her eye, she saw Hermione waving at her to come over. Draco rolled his eyes dramatically as Mila headed to the Gryffindor table.

"Hi!" Hermione smiled. "I'm Hermione Granger!" 

"I'm Ron Weasley."

"Fred-"

"and George Weasley, nice to meet you."

"I'm Neville Longbottom."

"Harry Potter."

"Nice to meet you guys, assuming you guys already know my name." Mila gave a slight smile.

"What house do you think you're gonna be in?" Ron asked as he devoured his chicken.

"Well, I guess we have to find out later," Mila replied as she drank some water.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Hermione asked.

Mila shook her head, "I already ate on the train here, I'm fine." 

"Ooh, can we see your wand?" Harry asked. Mila reached down to her pocket and pulled out her wand. Sycamore wood with a phoenix feather core, 12 ½" and surprisingly swishy flexibility.

"So! Tell us some things about yourself!" Hermione grinned.

"Well first off, I'm a pureblood. My parents aren't really well-known wizards cause they haven't done anything impressive. My dad's a Ravenclaw and my mom's a Slytherin. My birthday's in November-"

Draco cut her off saying, "Pureblood, eh?" Mila gave him a hard stare. She hated being interrupted. 

"Yeah, what about it?" Mila raised an eyebrow at him.

"And your mother's a Slytherin?" Draco asked, completely ignoring her comment. Being ignored, another one of her pet peeves.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Harry glared at him. 

Mila gave him an amused look, "Malfoy, huh?"

"Yeah, Draco Malfoy." He replied.

"So, you're the school hottie everyone's talking about?" Mila raised her eyebrows at him.

At this point, everyone was watching them. "Yes, quite," Malfoy smirked.

"Oh...how disappointing." Mila gave him an uninterested look. She could hear the chatter around her, gossiping with shock. Mila's new friends grinned from behind her, seeing that Draco was flustered.

"Take that back." Malfoy's eyes bored into mine, truly offended. Mila was used to these staring competitions and stared right back into his blue eyes.