𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Mila blinked as the bright light outside burned her eyes. She checked the time. 10 minutes until breakfast. 

"I'm not hungry at all though," Mila mumbled. She grabbed a small piece of parchment and wrote 'I won't be at breakfast today. I'll be in the library. -Mila' She quickly changed into her robes and opened the door to the common room. 

"Morning, Pierce," Malfoy said.

"Morning." She mumbled.

She felt a sting on her neck and winced.

"That neck still hurting?" Tom smirked from the opposite side of the room.

"You wish." She answered sharply.

"So grouchy early in the morning?" Malfoy asked.

"I hate mornings," Mila grumbled.

She drank some water and walked out of the common room and walked down the hall. Then, she saw a kid in Gryffindor clothes.

"Hey, um...Neville, right?" Mila called out.

"Yeah, that's my name," Neville said. Mila reached for the note and handed it to him.

"Can you give this to Hermione, Ron, or Harry? It doesn't matter who." 

"Of course." Neville grinned. Mila thanked him and made her way into the library. She inhaled the scent of parchment and walked around the shelves, looking for the book she wanted. 

𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬

Hermione walked to the Great Hall for breakfast, alongside Ron and Harry. 

"So Mila had the nerve to talk back to Riddle?" Ron asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah," Hermione answered. "Riddle looked like he was gonna kill her on that spot."

"That's pretty admirable though, don't you think?" Harry asked. "I mean, not everyone can stand up for themselves against Riddle."

"I guess, but that's still suicidal," Hermione said.

"Isn't she in the same house as Riddle though? I wonder what happened in the common room." Ron said.

"Hermione! Harry! Ron!" Neville called out. "I met Mila in the hall and told me to give you guys this." He handed Hermione the note.

"What does it say?" Ron asked.

"'I won't be at breakfast today. I'll be in the library.'" Hermione answered. "Thanks, Neville."

"No problem," Neville said.

The three seated themselves at the Gryffindor table.

"Pottah!" Malfoy called out.

"What?" Harry asked, annoyed.

"Isn't Pierce with you guys?" Malfoy asked.

"Why do you care, Malfoy?" Hermione turned to face him.

"Just."

"She's at the library," Ron said before facing back to finish his food.

"Oh..." Malfoy said quietly.

"Why?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Nothing." 

"There's something. What is it Malfoy, spit it out." Harry said, firmly.

"Riddle headed to the library too." 

"What?!" Hermione quickly put her book into her bag. "I swear if she argues with Riddle again..."