Night of the prom

Basically, the black prom didn't get as bad as it did in the film, Miss Collins helps Carrie and takes her in after Carrie opens up to her about Margaret :)
TW for panic attacks and abuse! Stay safe!

Carrie felt amazing.
She had just been chosen to be the prom queen, Carrie White, the loser loner kid, had just been elected prom queen. Tommy smiled at her as they walked to the stage. Carrie wanted to cry, actually, she was, but these were happy tears. She was happy. She looked around and saw people smiling at her, even Norma! Carrie had a feeling that after the prom, they wouldn't bully her, they would leave her alone.
She made her way onto the stage, she saw Sue looking at the stairs before miss Collins pulled her back and dragged her out of prom. She mentally thanked her for that, otherwise something bad could have happened. She smiled at miss Collins. Miss Collins smiled back. She looked up at tommy, he gave her a quick kiss. She blushed, the cheering got louder. A tiara was placed on her head. She opened her mouth to speak but something caught her off guard.

Blood.

Blood had just fallen onto her. She gasped as the warm, disgusting red liquid fell in front of her eyes and got into her mouth. She looked around for answers. She looked up and saw a bucket above her. Tommy started yelling about it. Norma let out a squeal and started to laugh, then two other girls laughed, then a guy. Soon enough everyone was laughing, even miss Collins. Everyone was laughing at her, it was so loud-too loud. It was too loud, the lights were too bright and it was all too much. She was angry. She looked at the doors and BANG! They shut. She looked at the lights, they turned red. Everyone's laughing was getting louder-LOUDER- LOUDER! She started to cry as she fell to the ground. Suddenly, everything went back to normal. The doors opened, the lights switched back, she was still covered in blood. The only thing different was that Miss Collins was knelt down beside her, whispering softly. "Carrie? Carrie, sweetheart, we need to get you out of here, can you hear me? Honey, please talk to me.." she said. Carrie looked at her. "Y-you laughed...everybody laughed..get away from me! GO! GET AWAY!" She screamed. Miss Collins looked at her as if she were crazy. "Baby, I didn't laugh at you..I promise.. I was making my way over here to help you.." she said, gently. Carrie blushed with embarrassment. She then broke down into sobs. Miss Collins pulled the tiny girl into her lap and began rocking her, softly cooing and rubbing her back. Carrie went limp against her. She felt cared for and confused. Why didn't her mum do this? Maybe Miss Collins was tricking her. But how? Carrie whimpered when she noticed the people staring at her, still laughing. "Shh..ignore them..once you've calmed down we're leaving, I'll take you home to your mother and you can explain what happened.." she was cut off by Carrie yelping. "Please don't.."
"Why?"
"I-uh...I'll tell you later.." she mumbled, turning into her teacher's chest. Miss Collins picked her up, baby style, and walked out of the building. Carrie sighed, she was relieved. "Mama hits me sometimes...actually..she hits me more than she doesn't." She blurted out. Miss Collins gasped. Carrie broke down again. "I-I can't go back-can't-she'll hit me-hurt you-can't go back-cant go back.." she choked out. Carrie was cut off by miss Collins, "you're not going back."
"But where-where w-will I go?" Carrie stuttered.
"It's simple, you'll stay with me."
Carrie gasped. "You'd do that?" The only response she got was a nod. Carrie smiled slightly. "I'll take you to mine, I'll run you a bath, hm?" Miss Collins said softly. Carrie nodded and yawned, her eyelids fluttering. Miss Collins smiled and placed Carrie in the passenger seat of her car. "I'll get blood everywhere."
"It's okay."
"But-it's blood."
"It'll come off."
Carrie blushed with embarrassment again. Miss Collins got into the driver's seat. Carrie sat there, dissociating. She only realised when miss Collins leaned over and fastened Carrie's seatbelt, ruffling her hair. "There, honey." She whispered before starting the car. They drove off, away from school.

Carrie stepped onto the front porch of her teacher's house. Miss Collins opened the door and stepped inside, Carrie followed. A large, fluffy tabby cat bounded over to them, Miss Collins smiled. "This is cracker, she's my cat." She said. Carrie nodded. "Hi cracker.." she whispered, cracker jumped into Carrie's arms, she giggled. "I think she likes you!" Miss Collins said. Carrie nodded. "I'll go run you a bath, you can wear one of my hoodies and your shorts if you want!" She called, walking upstairs. "Okay!" Carrie replied. She cuddled cracker close to her body. Cracker purred. Carrie smiled. "Hi cracker..! You're so adorable.." she said. Cracker mewed. Carrie giggled when she placed a clawless paw on her nose. "What are you doing? Silly cat!"
Miss Collins came down. "Oh, hello Carrie, I see you have stolen my baby." She said, sarcastically. Carrie giggled. "The bath's ready, you can sleep in the spare room tonight, I hope you don't mind!" She said, sweetly. Carrie nodded and cracker hopped out of her arms, letting her go upstairs. Miss Collins sat down on the sofa, but got up again when the phone rang.

"Hello, who's this?" She said.
"Margaret White, where's my daughter?" Carries mother answered.
"Carrie said that you've been hitting her, so she's with me."
"YOU ARE NOT HER MOTHER!"
"WELL I MIGHT AS WELL BE CONSIDERING HOW TERRIBLE YOU TREAT HER!" Miss Collins yelled, hanging up. She turned around to see Carrie poking her head around a corner. She walked in. "Miss Collins? Who w-was that?" She said, shyly. Miss Collins sighed. "It was your mother...she wasn't very happy.." she said. Carrie flinched. "She-She's not gonna hurt m-me, I-is she?" Carrie said, her voice shaking. "No! Of course she's not gonna hurt you...I'll make sure she doesn't, okay honey?" Miss Collins replied. Carrie ran up to her and hugged her, sobbing. Miss Collins picked her up, holding her close. "Don't wanna go back..don't wanna.." she repeated. Miss Collins sat down with the tiny girls still in her arms. "Oh, sweetie...you've had a rough night, huh?" She cooed. Carrie nodded.
"Why me?" Carrie suddenly said.
"What do you mean, angel?" Miss Collins replied.
"Why did this happen to me? Why can't I just be normal?!" Carrie said.
"Well...I'm afraid that's just life, people won't see you as 'normal'...but I don't believe in the word normal, nobody's normal, some people are just...different." Her teacher said. Carrie nodded, sniffling. Miss Collins wiped her tears. Carrie rested her head on Miss Collins' chest, yawning. "Tired, babygirl?" She asked, Carrie nodded in response. "Do you wanna go to bed?" Carrie nodded again. Miss Collins smiled and picked her up because Carrie was clearly too tired to walk. She went into the spare room and tried to tuck Carrie into bed, but was surprised when Carrie screamed and clung to her, sobbing. "Oh, Carrie..." She said, stroking her hair. "I d-don't w-wanna be alone! Carrie sobbed. Miss Collins rocked her "baby...I'm right here..shh.." she whispered. "The blood-it's everywhere-can't take it anymore-laughing-can taste it-help!" Carrie screamed. Miss Collins hated seeing her like this, it would definitely take  a while for her to recover. "Carrie? Carrie, listen to me, okay? I need you to take deep breaths, in for 5, out for 6, okay? You're gonna be okay..you're okay, darling.." She said, Carrie did as she was told and followed Miss Collins' breathing. She started shaking. Miss Collins sighed, there was no way she was leaving her, especially when she was in such a state. She lied down with Carrie in her arms, petting her hair. "You won't leave, w-will you?" The tiny girl asked. "Never." Miss Collins replied. Carrie nodded and started drifting off, clearly exhausted, eventually she fell asleep. So did miss Collins, the next day would be the start of Carrie's recovery. She would also have an unexpected visitor.
Wow! 1405 words! That was really fun to write, actually! I just thought I'd write something pretty big because I felt really motivated :))
Thank you for reading!
~Charlie🌟