Slave to Guard

Chapter Two
       "Sorry but someone had to do it."

                                     ■

I have never seen Jeremy concentrate, so hard on one thing before.

His lips were thin, turning to a borderline white from the pressure of him trying so hard.

"Maybe you should take a break, I'm tired just looking at you." Jeremy casted a look over his shoulder,  wipping the thin sheet of sweat above his lips and forehead. 

"No rest for the wicked my love."

He grunted with force, his muscles twitching from his effort. He pushed against the stone one more time before he cursed and gave a frustrating growl.

"It's sealed good..." Jeremy thought to himself, his male scent filling the room.

He looked at me bluntly, his expression changing from frustration and realization. "More hands make light work."

"Well yes, it does." I leaned off the wall, walking my way towards him.

"Why didn't you say anything... I.. We could have opened it by now."

I laughed, "Yeah I know but your ego got in the way, don't you like a girl to help you out?"

Jeremy smiled, "I will give my all first, then ask for help."

"Seems like hard work,  all that effort for you to call for backup."

Jeremy shrugged,  "not if your aiming for individual glory."

I took his side, and got ready to push the stone cover off. "You think God will send us to hell?"

"If he did you won't be alone," Jeremy gave a sly smile. And rolled up his sleeves. 

"On my count, 1. 2. 3!" Jeremy and I both heaved in unison, pushing the tight friction stone open. The cracking and slight movement with every force encouraged us to keep going until the tomb stone was finally open.

It was like a black hole, void with sound,  emotion and feeling. Every cell in my body turned cold, like a bucket of ice cold water adding to the numbness of my paralyzed exterior. 

"Well what now?" Jeremy shrugged, "we jump in of course."

I laughed as Jeremy's face remained passive. Chiseled with Romanian features and his inherited family viole, bluet eyes he stepped forward and grasped my hand, soon his large body was carrying me.

"Sorry, but someone had to do it." He kissed my forehead before letting me go, dropping me down the endless black tomb.